Sign in with
Your question

Few questions regarding a soundcard.

Last response: in Components
November 20, 2012 11:55:04 PM

Hi, I'm considering buying a soundcard for my PC and I want your opinions. I have a Logitech Z2300 for my speakers and a Plantronics 780(USB) For my headset. I was wondering if there will be a noticeable different in sound quality if I were to get a soundcard I am currently using a AC97(integrated) soundcard on my system. My budget is roughly $50 I can spend more if you guys think it is worth it.

More about : questions soundcard

November 21, 2012 12:28:39 AM

if you listen to a lot of music or audio then get a sound card.
m
l
November 21, 2012 12:30:13 AM

Oh I forgot to mention that I'm running windows 7 64 Bit, I have a few PCI-E x1 slots open. Also I was wondering how my headset Works. Does it have a built in sound chip, or does it pass through the sound from my AC 97??
m
l
Related resources
November 21, 2012 12:58:56 AM

I listen to music and play quite a few games. Which card would you recommend I don't know which brands are good. I'd probably buy it from newegg.com
m
l
November 21, 2012 1:29:38 AM

The headset uses it's own USB audio and amplifier which is junk. Go with third one in boyabunda's links. Those are decent speakers and it should sound great. I owned one of those cards, but stepped up to a Xonar DX and I like it a lot.
m
l
!