Solved

Gaming Desktop - Help - Assembling

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 10, 2012 8:17:48 PM

Hello everyone,

Just received my haf x, a couple of hours ago, been checking my case and all the fans have molex? :ouch:  Plugs .... But my motherboard only has 4 pin conectors , I'm starting to think I made a wrong purchase .......

Can you guys help me out? I'm building my first pc, so I'm new to all this..

Should I just connect everything to the Psu until I buy a fan controller? Help me out please I have all the parts on the floor and I really need to get the desktop up and running. :D 

Many thanks in advance

Here's my parts: i5-3570K, asus P8Z77V, haf X, corsair hx850, corsair vengence low profile 8gb, windows 7 home premium, Evga Gtx670 FTw, Hyper 212 Evo

More about : gaming desktop assembling

July 10, 2012 8:44:23 PM

That's really bizarre - I can't believe a modern case would have all MOLEX connectors. You can buy MOLEX to 3/4-pin adapters from your local Radio Shack for like $3 each if you don't want to return the case.
m
l
July 10, 2012 10:12:16 PM

It's not all molex, but it has 2 molex and one 3 pin but thats connected to some other cables...

If I connect the 3 pin to the motherboard and the molex to the psu, do I leave the other molex just hanging?
m
l
Related resources
July 10, 2012 10:14:43 PM

Artic said:
It's not all molex, but it has 2 molex and one 3 pin but thats connected to some other cables...

If I connect the 3 pin to the motherboard and the molex to the psu, do I leave the other molex just hanging?

The MOLEX connector should be split so there should be a couple of connectors coming from both. The 3-pin should be connected to your motherboard's SYS_FAN1 connector.
m
l
July 10, 2012 10:39:12 PM

g-unit1111 said:
The MOLEX connector should be split so there should be a couple of connectors coming from both. The 3-pin should be connected to your motherboard's SYS_FAN1 connector.

Many thanks g unit, I'm going to try it now, ;) 
Sorry for asking this last question, but I'm not very confortable doing this, first time build :D  , should I leave the molex just hanging, and not connected to anything?

Again many many thanks for the help ! ;) 
m
l

Best solution

July 10, 2012 10:44:40 PM

Artic said:
Many thanks g unit, I'm going to try it now, ;) 
Sorry for asking this last question, but I'm not very confortable doing this, first time build :D  , should I leave the molex just hanging, and not connected to anything?

Again many many thanks for the help ! ;) 

Just leave it hanging for now, you can get the fan connector later and run it off your PSU, I had to do that with my Corsair 600T.
July 10, 2012 10:48:26 PM

Best answer selected by Artic.
m
l
July 10, 2012 10:49:21 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Just leave it hanging for now, you can get the fan connector later and run it off your PSU, I had to do that with my Corsair 600T.

Many thanks g unit, will try that now ;)  my pc will run thanks to you! :D 
m
l