Looking for a new server - older then most players in the ..

Susan

I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to join
that one.

I have yet to see any of the high end content and am a little bit bummed
about the thought of once again starting over. I just don't seem to be able
to find a guild that that I fit into.

I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
maturity is what I'm looking for. My play times vary and am looking for a
very relaxed guild, not one that raids daily or has levels requirements and
such. I do play a lot when my real life allows it and therefore do level up
rather quickly.

I'm not looking to jump servers and immediately join a guild. I'm looking
for a place to go to that I can get to know folks and then decide on a
guild. Horde or Alliance doesn't matter, I am currently playing alliance
but wouldn't mind giving the horde side a go, if that's where this takes me.

If anyone has a good group going and has room for another, or even just
loves the server they are on I'd love to hear back from you all. Thanks so
much.
Susan

Susan wrote:

> I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
> seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to join
> that one.
>
> I have yet to see any of the high end content and am a little bit bummed
> about the thought of once again starting over. I just don't seem to be able
> to find a guild that that I fit into.
>
> I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
> maturity is what I'm looking for. My play times vary and am looking for a
> very relaxed guild, not one that raids daily or has levels requirements and
> such. I do play a lot when my real life allows it and therefore do level up
> rather quickly.
>
> I'm not looking to jump servers and immediately join a guild. I'm looking
> for a place to go to that I can get to know folks and then decide on a
> guild. Horde or Alliance doesn't matter, I am currently playing alliance
> but wouldn't mind giving the horde side a go, if that's where this takes me.
>
> If anyone has a good group going and has room for another, or even just
> loves the server they are on I'd love to hear back from you all. Thanks so
> much.
> Susan

If you're in Europe, several readers/posters in this group formed a
wonderful guild on Sunstrider (PVP), Horde. This server is rather
balanced in population, and one of those where you'll never, ever see a
queue.

The realms forum (unofficial of course) is at http://sunstrider.net

We love to organize merry RP/PVP events with the alliance there.

We are a friendly, welcoming, mature, and patient guild of altaholics,
and are open for any player, any character, any level. We are definitely
not hardcore in the sense that you would think - our highest level is a
level 53 priest (played by Stoneskin), second highest is a level 51
priest (played by me). If you want to know about our involvement in PVP,
well let's say that we mostly enjoy it a lot, but not to the point that
is generally seen on a PVP server. Highest ranks are me (Sergeant) and
Saucey (Sergeant as well), and a general PVP objective for the guild is
to make sure we all have fun fighting together in order for our
teammates to reach the Grunt status (for the trinket). Our highest
amount of active players at the same time is 14, and we reach it
regularly nowadays.

You can see our ad for new recruits there:
http://sunstrider.net/showthread.php?p=4579#post4579

and here is a quote of the Ad:

Guild Name: <Cracked Sash Inc>
Guild Master: Esa
Guild Website: http://crackedsash.wildcard7.com/ (oh so active!)
Requirements: Be patient, helpful, funny, speak English, accept
scottish, swiss & french humour (not always easy). Minimum level has
been set to three, but it might be subject to change (two or five, we
don't know yet).
Particularly Looking For: level 45-55 warriors, but that's just me .
Anybody who feels like having fun before or after walking the dog,
feeding the wife or driving from work is welcome!
Contacts Available: Esa, Necrofear, Tartalin, Donk, Wildcard, Kenrock,
Kroagg, Padruthor... can't remember them all by heart
Active or Sporadic Recruitment? Sporadically active.
About the Guild: Cracked Sash Inc is a company who focuses on cracking
sashes all around Azeroth and sell them for astoundishing prices to the
Fallens of the Blood Moor in Sanctuary (Diablo 2). We make quite some
profit out of this business, which allows us to... err.. to, well,
survive. Or not.

We have no other ambition at the moment other than recruiting more
people with more appropriate time schedules. The levels are starting to
get spread out because of differences in playing pace, so if you're
looking for buddies to come along and play at low-mid-high level, chill
in and send a whisp in our general direction. Be wary that we welcome
beginners with wide open arms and a hordish smile! Oh, and if you're a
paladin and want to delete and reroll, come, we need lockies here

Last note: if you have an idea about a tabard, we still can't make up
our minds for one!

EU or US?

Ndunk

"Susan" <suemike8986@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
> seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to
> join that one.
>
> I have yet to see any of the high end content and am a little bit bummed
> about the thought of once again starting over. I just don't seem to be
> able to find a guild that that I fit into.
>
> I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
> maturity is what I'm looking for. My play times vary and am looking for a
> very relaxed guild, not one that raids daily or has levels requirements
> and such. I do play a lot when my real life allows it and therefore do
> level up rather quickly.
>
> I'm not looking to jump servers and immediately join a guild. I'm looking
> for a place to go to that I can get to know folks and then decide on a
> guild. Horde or Alliance doesn't matter, I am currently playing alliance
> but wouldn't mind giving the horde side a go, if that's where this takes
> me.
>
> If anyone has a good group going and has room for another, or even just
> loves the server they are on I'd love to hear back from you all. Thanks
> so much.
> Susan

Susan

I'm in US, sorry should have posted that earlier.

"Marni" <martin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> EU or US?
>
> Ndunk
>

> "Susan" <suemike8986@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
>> seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to
>> join that one.
>>
>> I have yet to see any of the high end content and am a little bit bummed
>> about the thought of once again starting over. I just don't seem to be
>> able to find a guild that that I fit into.
>>
>> I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
>> maturity is what I'm looking for. My play times vary and am looking for
>> a very relaxed guild, not one that raids daily or has levels requirements
>> and such. I do play a lot when my real life allows it and therefore do
>> level up rather quickly.
>>
>> I'm not looking to jump servers and immediately join a guild. I'm
>> looking for a place to go to that I can get to know folks and then decide
>> on a guild. Horde or Alliance doesn't matter, I am currently playing
>> alliance but wouldn't mind giving the horde side a go, if that's where
>> this takes me.
>>
>> If anyone has a good group going and has room for another, or even just
>> loves the server they are on I'd love to hear back from you all. Thanks
>> so much.
>> Susan

mikel

Marni wrote:
> EU or US?
>
> Ndunk
>

> "Susan" <suemike8986@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
>>seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to
>>join that one.
>>
>>I have yet to see any of the high end content and am a little bit bummed
>>about the thought of once again starting over. I just don't seem to be
>>able to find a guild that that I fit into.
>>
>>I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
>>maturity is what I'm looking for. My play times vary and am looking for a
>>very relaxed guild, not one that raids daily or has levels requirements
>>and such. I do play a lot when my real life allows it and therefore do
>>level up rather quickly.
>>
>>I'm not looking to jump servers and immediately join a guild. I'm looking
>>for a place to go to that I can get to know folks and then decide on a
>>guild. Horde or Alliance doesn't matter, I am currently playing alliance
>>but wouldn't mind giving the horde side a go, if that's where this takes
>>me.
>>
>>If anyone has a good group going and has room for another, or even just
>>loves the server they are on I'd love to hear back from you all. Thanks
>>so much.

I'm in three guilds that I think are a lot of fun on two different
servers. Two are RP guilds, one is non-RP PVP and PVE.

I play an undead mage in the recently-created guild Immortalis on
Bleeding Hollow. This is a PVP server. The guild is very helpful so far,
and seems to be run by fairly mature folks. They contribute items and
even money to lower level members, and help organize instance runs. They
plan some organized activities to help members get better at PVP play as
well. Mostly undead members.

Also on Bleeding Hollow, I play three troll characters in Tooska Tribe,
a roleplaying guild. All the members are trolls, and they speak a pidgin
that was created by a linguistics guy you is a member (it's easy to
learn). There is a relatively elaborate background story and even
mythology that goes with Tooska. It can be a little bit of a pain to RP
on a PVP server, but there are other guilds doing it too, most notably
Shadowclan, which is a very large and welll-establish roleplaying guild
for Orcs; they also play on Bleeding Hollow.

Finally, I helped create WIDGET, a roleplaying guild for gnomes on a
roleplaying server, Shadow Council. All of the members of WIDGET so far
are adults, with a strong over-35 membership. WIDGET is silly, on
purpose. It's entire purpose is to have a lot of fun with the sillier
aspects of the gnome characters. WIDGET stands for the World Institute
for Daring Gnomish Exploration and Tinkering, and it's a sort of cross
between the National Geographic Society and the Impossible Mission
Force, seasoned with a dash of secret criminal conspiracy. All the
members play characters with back stories and distinctive personalities,
and play as members of teams with silly codenames. WIDGET is all about
the laughs. If you get interesteed in WIDGET, either take a look at the
web site (http://www.livejournal.com/community/gnomesrushin/), or
in-game on Shadow Council look for one of the Secret Ruling Cabal of the
guild (the guild is called "The Institute"). The Secret Ruling Cabal
consists of Blasto, Fangly, Frabble, Malvin, and Zooknie, or you can
contact the head of Q Branch, named Quatherine.

Susan wrote:
> I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
> seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to join
> that one.
>
> I have yet to see any of the high end content and am a little bit bummed
> about the thought of once again starting over. I just don't seem to be able
> to find a guild that that I fit into.
>
> I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
> maturity is what I'm looking for. My play times vary and am looking for a
> very relaxed guild, not one that raids daily or has levels requirements and
> such. I do play a lot when my real life allows it and therefore do level up
> rather quickly.
>
> I'm not looking to jump servers and immediately join a guild. I'm looking
> for a place to go to that I can get to know folks and then decide on a
> guild. Horde or Alliance doesn't matter, I am currently playing alliance
> but wouldn't mind giving the horde side a go, if that's where this takes me.
>
> If anyone has a good group going and has room for another, or even just
> loves the server they are on I'd love to hear back from you all. Thanks so
> much.
> Susan

Sounds like the guild I'm in.
We're only small though but we are all adults and we understand that people
take the game seriously, but that it's not the most important thing in their
lives so feel free to play when they want and not play when they can't or don't
want to.

Some people play all hours, some for a few hours every other week.

Yarral, 52 Shaman Silvermoon server, Wraiths and Strays guild
www.wraithsandstrays.com

John Burton wrote:
> Susan wrote:
>
>> I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This
>> server seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a
>> player to join that one.
>

> Sounds like the guild I'm in.
> We're only small though but we are all adults and we understand that
> people take the game seriously, but that it's not the most important
> thing in their lives so feel free to play when they want and not play
> when they can't or don't want to.
>
> Some people play all hours, some for a few hours every other week.
>
> Yarral, 52 Shaman Silvermoon server, Wraiths and Strays guild
> www.wraithsandstrays.com

Ah, we're EU so wouldn't be any use anyway

Hi Mikel,

I have moved my reply back to the

Post: And you thought u's (modest) proposal was extreme...

since our conversation is sort off tangent to this post.

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 23:11:53 -0600, Susan wrote:

> I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
> seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to join
> that one.

The server I play on had a similar problem. For a while, it seemed that you
must be in one of the two large guilds to see Molten Core from the inside.
A bunch of people then founded "Genesis", a "meta-guild", for good players
from many small guilds (or who aren't in any guild, like me), that do
events together. We have an own channel and a forum, so it's almost exactly
like a guild, except that it isn't one technically. We keep the size of the
player pool at around sixty people (all of which were recommended by
existing Genesis players), and we currently go to Molten Core twice a week.
(And we're more successful right now than the said large guilds, but that's
a different story.)

So, it is possible to get to see the endgame content even without being in
a large guild, but it may take some organization first. Though I'm a bit
surprised that you already have these troubles at 59. I didn't have any
difficulties getting into Scholomance, Stratholme, Dire Maul and UBRS. It
was only after I was done with these that I hit the wall. So the situation
may be worse on your server.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

You do understand that Skywall is a new server right? It's about a month
old. Should not be expecting people looking for groups for high end
instances until...say, the second month.

I also play on Skywall. And I'm pretty sure that you are talking about
Nightwind. Nightwind's main goal is to be the first guild to do everything.
Basically the "hardcore players."

There are other guilds out there that are going for high end instances too.
But they are enjoying the game as they go, not powerleveling like maniacs.
I left my level 60 priest to move to Skywall. I am also not in a hurry to
do high end instances. I've done that before.

A lot of people on Skywall also had that same idea on mind. That and people
who are PvP refuges.

"Susan" <suemike8986@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm currently playing a mage on skywall server (level 59). This server
> seems dominated by one guild, and I'm not that hard-core of a player to
join
> that one.
>
> I have yet to see any of the high end content and am a little bit bummed
> about the thought of once again starting over. I just don't seem to be
able
> to find a guild that that I fit into.
>
> I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
> maturity is what I'm looking for. My play times vary and am looking for a
> very relaxed guild, not one that raids daily or has levels requirements
and
> such. I do play a lot when my real life allows it and therefore do level
up
> rather quickly.
>
> I'm not looking to jump servers and immediately join a guild. I'm looking
> for a place to go to that I can get to know folks and then decide on a
> guild. Horde or Alliance doesn't matter, I am currently playing alliance
> but wouldn't mind giving the horde side a go, if that's where this takes
me.

> If anyone has a good group going and has room for another, or even just
> loves the server they are on I'd love to hear back from you all. Thanks
so
> much.
> Susan

mikel

collection2002 wrote:

[...snip...]

> I myself have an undead mage @ skywall that I used to test out the
> theory of grinding to 60th lvl in 7 days

How's that working out for you?

I did the same thing because I already have a level 60 mage, and the
most fun thing to do with him is PVP, but the PVP situation on his
server is not as much fun as the situation on a different server where I
have characters. So I made a new mage on the PVP-oriented server and
started following the guide.

I'm not going to hit 60 in seven days, because I have other things to
do, and because I just don't want to work that hard at grinding.
However, without trying all that hard, I created my character late
Sunday night, and last night he was at level 21. I figure level 1 to
level 21 in three days of not trying very hard is pretty good.

In article <9sqdnQsJfOmnCAPfRVn-iw@comcast.com>,
"Susan" <suemike8986@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'd like to find a group of adults, preferably 35+ in age, but more so
> maturity is what I'm looking for.

Try a lower population server, and try horde. This isn't 100% but,
overall, this seems to be an older, more mature crowd.

Luck!

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:40:11 GMT, Nabuu wrote:

> Try a lower population server, and try horde. This isn't 100% but,
> overall, this seems to be an older, more mature crowd.

My experience is actually quite the opposite. While Horde players often
seem to be "more hardcore", they also seem to be younger. More into the
"evil" aspect, more prone to wanting to be "cool" (an Undead is infinitely
more "cool" than a human). Maturity is relative, though. I certainly have
met twits on both sides, though not overly many (I do play on an European
server with a complicated name, though, so perhaps that plays a role, too.)

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

Susan

I want to thank everyone for responding to my posting you all seem very
friendly in this newsgroup and I truly appreciate it. :)

There are a few guilds that were suggested and also emailed to me that I am
planning on looking into further. My lack of response to this posting is
because I have out of town company this week. Daughter is graduating High
School so a very busy time for me.

Will be making some new characters next weekend and hopefully will get a
chance to say hello to a few of you in game.

Thanks again for such a nice friendly response from someone that has never
posted in this group before.
Susan