Sign in with
Your question

Installing Nvidia from ATI without ATI card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2012 6:03:09 PM

Hi
I recently had a Sapphire HD6950 card which has stopped working and i have thrown it away. I am now getting a new Nvidia card to replace this and was wondering how i should install this as the system will still have the ATI drivers? This is the first time i have ever done this and have no idea if i could just put the card in and then install the ATI drivers?
My Motherboard does not have onboard graphics capability so can't load the PC without a card in.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My system specs are:

Asus Sabertooth P67 motherboard
Intel i7 2600k CPU
Corsair 850W power supply
120GB Corsair SSD
May 17, 2012 6:07:22 PM

Hi there. Well haven't been there yet but if I were you I'd put the card and enter safe mode before windows loads, uninstall from control panel all catalyst drivers and then re start. That way you should be able to do a fresh install.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 6:09:24 PM

just uninstall old drivers and get gtx 560 ti or gaming gtx 680 new one read manual first then follow what he says install new drivers njoy
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2012 7:19:09 PM

Thanks for the replies. I was just worried it will be awkward. to enter safemode, do i hit f9 when computer is turned on? Iv never had to do it before? And i am getting a new 680 card so fingers crossed, all will go well
m
l
May 17, 2012 7:19:36 PM

davemaster84 said:
Hi there. Well haven't been there yet but if I were you I'd put the card and enter safe mode before windows loads, uninstall from control panel all catalyst drivers and then re start. That way you should be able to do a fresh install.

Thanks for the replies. I was just worried it will be awkward. to enter safemode, do i hit f9 when computer is turned on? Iv never had to do it before? And i am getting a new 680 card so fingers crossed, all will go well
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 7:23:14 PM

simply do safe mode or upgrade to window 7 check bios set default setting save & exit
m
l
!