CPU for my evga gtx 650

fruityloop

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Hey guys i'm using a dual core e6300 and it's bottlenecking..i can play fine(can't play most wanted 2012 on high details on 1366x768 res.), but not record videos
Also I'm using this card on a pci-e 1.1 slot(is the bandwidth enough for this card?)

Anyway can you tell me what is the minimum CPU processor required for this card so i don't get bottleneck? I will get a cpu in some months (hopefully when intel release their new generation)
What would be the minimum for this card?

fruityloop

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
I just wanted to know...
maybe i can exchange(or sell) my e6300+e5700 for another cpu till i get the new generation cpu

Anyway it's nice to get some knowledge now
+I want to know if the bandwidth of a pci-e 1.1 slot is enough for this(or better) card

solar1992

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
It would be advisable to switch platform entirely. Intel LGA775 uses outdated PCI-E, DDR2 RAM and doesn't really have any processors fast enough to keep up in the more demanding modern games.

The GPU can be bottlenecked by the CPU if it isn't capable of loading it with data etc fast enough but also PCI-E3 is the current standard that you should be aiming for.

But recomendations will have likely changed in a few months time so I wouldn't really think about anything but ensuring you have the money in time

fruityloop

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Yeah i'm going to upgrade to the new generation (Harwell?)..i will wait for it since it's coming soon
I'd like to hear some technical stuff..
How much bandwidth can this card use? and how much a pci-e 1.1 slot can deliver?
tell me about your card if you don't know about gtx650
let's forget about the upgrade thing..this is just for my knowledge