512 MB card

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 12, 2005 7:57:31 AM

Are there any
well working 512 MB card under 40$ or so
for a Canon - Ixus 400 ?

Thanks

More about : 512 card

August 12, 2005 4:09:55 PM

<jeppojepp@yahoo.it> wrote in message
> Are there any
> well working 512 MB card under 40$ or so
> for a Canon - Ixus 400 ?
>

> Thanks

I've never had a problem with Sandisk
(Can't comment on the supplier)

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119933&partner...
August 12, 2005 4:11:44 PM

"dylan" <no@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:D di029$g8r$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

> <jeppojepp@yahoo.it> wrote in message
>> Are there any
>> well working 512 MB card under 40$ or so
>> for a Canon - Ixus 400 ?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
> I've never had a problem with Sandisk
> (Can't comment on the supplier)
>
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119933&partner...

Do'h, try one in $ !

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006B9Q...
August 12, 2005 7:24:23 PM

That's bull.

The list price for those cards was $150 years ago. Amazon always does
that. Either they don't care to update their stuff, or they're trying
to trick people into thinking that they can get stuff far cheaper there
than at a store.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 7:57:14 PM

I actually own a Dane-Elec card, does well for the price/speed. Dropped
it several times and it still works, so I'm happy enough.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 2:14:14 AM

"dylan" <no@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:D di05l$pjt$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "dylan" <no@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:D di029$g8r$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>
>> <jeppojepp@yahoo.it> wrote in message
>>> Are there any
>>> well working 512 MB card under 40$ or so
>>> for a Canon - Ixus 400 ?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>> I've never had a problem with Sandisk
>> (Can't comment on the supplier)
>>
>> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119933&partner...
>>

> Do'h, try one in $ !
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006B9Q...

I've never tried one but it loks like an OK deal.

I like that List Price: $150. Sheesh!

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 2:14:15 AM

Dave R knows who wrote:
> "dylan" <no@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:D di05l$pjt$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>
>> "dylan" <no@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> news:D di029$g8r$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>>
>>> <jeppojepp@yahoo.it> wrote in message

>>> I've never had a problem with Sandisk
>>> (Can't comment on the supplier)
>>>
>>> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119933&partner...
>>>

>> Do'h, try one in $ !
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006B9Q...
>
> I've never tried one but it loks like an OK deal.
>
> I like that List Price: $150. Sheesh!

If that is a plain vanilla card (not exceptional speed-rated) it seems
pretty expensive, relative to Mr Costco's 2GB at $99.99. They must be
available somewhere else for similar prices.
http://tinyurl.com/clmo3

Costco doesn't list anything smaller than 1GB on line. I bought two of
these when Mr Costco had them on sale at $72.
http://tinyurl.com/blsg6

They fill up pretty fast when shooting raw and Large in a Canon 350D,
the only combo option. Much more tolerable is the 20D raw + small.

--
Frank ess
!