Intel Pentium 4 3.06

Hybrid690

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Well i have always used Toms for my many computing needs. I love the amount of help from the community! so i decided to try my luck with just a simple question. my current computer is a Dell Dimension 4550 2gb Ram 3.06 CPU and a EVGA 6200 se video card. saving for a gaming rig. onto my question lol i have the Intel P4 3.06 CPU and its hypertheaded to my knowledge that means the computer sees it as a Duo Core. i was just wondering, if thats true then does my Single Core equal any GHZ Duo core out there? i know its a stupid simple question but i have never really found an answer but seriously are there any Duo Cores that Preform the Same or about the same as my Single 3.06? i ask because i was able to install GTA 4 on the 4550 and it ran not well of course, but still it started and wanted to run! :) anyways does anyone know the answer to my question? lol thanks ahead of time! and again to all community members your all great have used your advice for almost 2 years now and just decided to join because i have this build going on and i am hoping to be able to ask or even find answers to my many building questions :) thanks for looking at my thread! :bounce:

Games do not use Hyper Threading. GTA 4 requires an actual dual core CPU. Hyper Threading can generally provide a 10% - 30% boost in performance depending on how well HT has been implemented into the design of the program; if at all. Additionally, your HT is "1st generation". I am almost 100% positive that Intel has since refined the Hyper Threading algorithms in subsequent CPU architectures to make it more efficient and provide better performance over older HT generations.

Hybrid690

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
hmm so i was way off... ahaha well thanks for a quick reply firstly :) i just thought it was odd that i was able to install something that required a Duo and thought i may have seen something about it being recognized differently because of the HT. i dont plan for this to be any kind of gaming rig just an older broken computer i fixed because i was bored. anyways was getting off track there and again thank you Jaguar for inputting and clearing it for me :)