ASUS Rampage IV Extreme + ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II

audiopanik

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Sorry for the crosspost all, but I am about to pull the trigger on the parts for my new build and am hoping to get an answer asap.

I am looking to buy the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme board and have 2 Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II video cards. I am wondering if 2 of these cards will fit (they are 3 slot cards) on this motherboard. I was instructed on another forum to be sure to set them in slot 1 and 3 to take advantage of PCIE x16?

Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

Thanks all.

Solution
You will want them in slot 1 and 4, that will give you 16x16x and also give you ample space between the cards for cooling. Refer to page 2-16 of the Rampage IV Extreme manual for PCI-e configuration options (even though I told you all you need to know).

EDIT - Also it doesn't look like any other option will give you 16x16x, not that you wouldn't want any other option anyway because 1 and 4 is perfect for triple slot cards.

Helltech

Distinguished
You will want them in slot 1 and 4, that will give you 16x16x and also give you ample space between the cards for cooling. Refer to page 2-16 of the Rampage IV Extreme manual for PCI-e configuration options (even though I told you all you need to know).

EDIT - Also it doesn't look like any other option will give you 16x16x, not that you wouldn't want any other option anyway because 1 and 4 is perfect for triple slot cards.

Solution