Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gtx 560 vs gtx470

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 17, 2012 7:15:37 PM

Hello,i'm cheking to buy a gtx 470 or a GTX 560 (no ti ) for gaming at big resolution (1920x1080) which is the best ?

More about : gtx 560 gtx470

a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 7:19:51 PM

470
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 7:22:50 PM

i'd go with newer technology gtx 560.
They are quite cooler,less power consumption,faster,good in overclocking,less noise
while
gtx 470 is better but produce more heat,high power consumption and louder when put at maximum load.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 7:23:35 PM

GTX 470 is a litter faster than the 560 and a little slower than the gtx560 ti and even less powerful than a GTX560ti 448 core... So your best bet its a GTX560 TI which is kinda newer a slightly less heat spreader and a little more powerful...

It should look like this GTX560 ti 448core > GTX560 ti > GTX470 > GTX560
May 17, 2012 7:27:02 PM

In the shop near home there're only GTX470 and GTX 560 that i can buy . i have find a GTX 470 at 199Euro and the gtx 560 for 180 , if i run battlefield 3 how can i get with them ?
My spec:
CPU=Phenom II x4 955 BE (3.2G)
RAM=2x4 (8gb) Kingstone Hyper 1600 mhz
Win7 64 bit
HDD=1Tb 7200 rpm
May 17, 2012 7:30:04 PM

horaciopz said:
GTX 470 is a litter faster than the 560 and a little slower than the gtx560 ti and even less powerful than a GTX560ti 448 core... So your best bet its a GTX560 TI which is kinda newer a slightly less heat spreader and a little more powerful...

It should look like this GTX560 ti 448core > GTX560 ti > GTX470 > GTX560

In the shop near home there're only GTX470 and GTX 560 that i can buy . i have find a GTX 470 at 199Euro and the gtx 560 for 180 , if i run battlefield 3 how can i get with them ?
My spec:
CPU=Phenom II x4 955 BE (3.2G)
RAM=2x4 (8gb) Kingstone Hyper 1600 mhz
Win7 64 bit
HDD=1Tb 7200 rpm
May 17, 2012 7:35:55 PM

xtreme5 said:
i'd go with newer technology gtx 560.
They are quite cooler,less power consumption,faster,good in overclocking,less noise
while
gtx 470 is better but produce more heat,high power consumption and louder when put at maximum load.

for gaming a 1920x1080 is better 470 or 560 ???
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 7:44:49 PM

If you have a kinda good PSU, something more than 550W and good airflow in your case get the GTX470, as its more powerful than GTX560 and you will get better gaming experiencie, but if you are using a generic 500W PSU, or a low wattage one about 300-400W you should get the GTX560... The diference gap becomes important at this point... whats your PSU?
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 7:50:34 PM

McCloskey97 said:
for gaming a 1920x1080 is better 470 or 560 ???

i'm still suggesting you gtx 560... For that resolution both are good but grab out a newer technology, overclock the 560 to reach the gtx 470 performance.
May 17, 2012 7:59:45 PM

You're really comparing 2 non comparable cards.

The 560 is a little slow for BF3 multiplayer.
The 470 is an ancient toaster power hog but fast.

So one is slow for BF3 for anything other than medium settings on a 1080 monitor.

One is a loud power hog and you will need good air flow and power.

So bascially, +1 to what Hora said.

If you can by one somewhere else from the shop near your home, or if that shop could order you a different one, you're better off with something else.
a c 231 U Graphics card
a c 226 4 Gaming
May 17, 2012 8:06:27 PM

I'd expand my search area and grab a 560 Ti, ideally one of the 900Mhz models.

$173 VAT included here

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-asus-gtx-560ti-direc...

These buggers can be overclocked as much as 30+ %

http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=1201&page=17

My son plays BF3 (single player) on Ultra w/ two of these in SLI on a 120Hz monitor ..... but during the beta when SLI was borked, he had no problem playing single player on High w/ one card.
May 18, 2012 11:32:47 AM

horaciopz said:
If you have a kinda good PSU, something more than 550W and good airflow in your case get the GTX470, as its more powerful than GTX560 and you will get better gaming experiencie, but if you are using a generic 500W PSU, or a low wattage one about 300-400W you should get the GTX560... The diference gap becomes important at this point... whats your PSU?

I have tp buy a 750 w so i think to take the gtx470 !!
May 18, 2012 11:33:01 AM

Thanks to alll !!! :) 
a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2012 12:42:49 PM

You are welcome, remember that a good PSU doesnt come with tons of wattage, a good PSU comes with a lot of security implantation, tons of Amps in a single rail and at least an they are pretty heavy and solid. A good PSU with 500W will beat any Generic 1000W PSU...

Do NOT go cheap with your PSU, a cheap PSU will lead your system unstable and maybe fry it in the worst of the situations... Also check for good airflow in your Case, if you dont have a nice airflow case you would have hot air bulding in your PC... Adding intake and exhaust fans will do the job most of times...


And please select a Best Answer to whomever you feel that helped more when you think that you have the solution you wanted for.

Best regards !
May 18, 2012 7:08:07 PM

horaciopz said:
You are welcome, remember that a good PSU doesnt come with tons of wattage, a good PSU comes with a lot of security implantation, tons of Amps in a single rail and at least an they are pretty heavy and solid. A good PSU with 500W will beat any Generic 1000W PSU...

Do NOT go cheap with your PSU, a cheap PSU will lead your system unstable and maybe fry it in the worst of the situations... Also check for good airflow in your Case, if you dont have a nice airflow case you would have hot air bulding in your PC... Adding intake and exhaust fans will do the job most of times...


And please select a Best Answer to whomever you feel that helped more when you think that you have the solution you wanted for.

Best regards !

a taked a 650W at 70 euro , and the GTx 470 ... it's running all great ! TY to all :) 
a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2012 7:24:54 PM

McCloskey97 said:
a taked a 650W at 70 euro , and the GTx 470 ... it's running all great ! TY to all :) 



Awesome, happy gaming :) 
!