Sign in with
Your question

Final Compatibility Check

Last response: in Systems
July 10, 2012 9:53:03 PM

Ok, this time I'm certain this is my final build. I've got all the parts and I'm finally ready for the last compatibility check. This is my first custom built computer and the forums here we're really helpful. Anyway, onto the build!

MOBO- Asus P8Z77-V

Processor - Intel i5 3750k

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8 GB PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache

Case - Corsair CC600TWM-WHT Special Edition Graphite Series 600T Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case - White

Optical Drive - Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST

Monitor - Asus VE228H 21.5-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor with Integrated Speakers

Graphics Card - Nvidia Gtx 670

PSU - Kingwin AP-550 Absolute Platinum 550W Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum Certified
July 10, 2012 10:01:06 PM

Your build does look good. If you are planning on doing any overclocking you might want to change the memory out for some low profile memory. If you are going to overclock you are going to want to add in a good 3rd party HSF (heatsink/fan) to help deal with the heat. Most of the aftermarket coolers can set over the first and maybe even the second memory slot. This will make it hard to mount the cooler if you have memory that has large heatspreaders on it. Normal Corsair Vengeance can stand 2" tall. So you are going to want to go with some low profile memory like the Corsair Vengeance Low Profile or the G. Skill Ares memory. Other then that you look good.
July 10, 2012 10:11:48 PM

I'm not going to be overclocking this since it's my first build (Just keeping it simple first, more advanced later). So if there's nothing else to adress then I guess I'll order the parts tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate all of it!
July 10, 2012 10:49:31 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!