Dumb UI bar mod question

Last response: in Video Games
June 2, 2005 1:16:32 PM

Does anyone know of a mod that will lock the primary action bar in one
position? I don't know pre isely how I'm doing it (some mousewheel
action, I think), but I don't use the function, and I'm forever
finding that I've managed to roll my favourite /most necessary spells
out of sight during a fight. All the "locking" mods I've found so far
seem to be targetted at stopping buttons being dragged off the bar,
rather than locking the position of the bar itself.

Cheers - Ian

More about : dumb bar mod question

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:09:00 PM

"Ian Noble" <fredd@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a mod that will lock the primary action bar in one
> position? I don't know pre isely how I'm doing it (some mousewheel
> action, I think), but I don't use the function, and I'm forever
> finding that I've managed to roll my favourite /most necessary spells
> out of sight during a fight. All the "locking" mods I've found so far
> seem to be targetted at stopping buttons being dragged off the bar,
> rather than locking the position of the bar itself.
>
> Cheers - Ian

It could be that you're using a Shift + 1 or 2 combination? If so, unbind
those keys in the options.

Worked for me.

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:08:04 PM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:16:32 +0100, Ian Noble <fredd@clara.co.uk>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a mod that will lock the primary action bar in one
>position? I don't know pre isely how I'm doing it (some mousewheel
>action, I think), but I don't use the function, and I'm forever
>finding that I've managed to roll my favourite /most necessary spells
>out of sight during a fight. All the "locking" mods I've found so far
>seem to be targetted at stopping buttons being dragged off the bar,
>rather than locking the position of the bar itself.

Go into keybindings and unbind shift+mousewheel for going through
action bar pages.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:08:04 +0200, Simon Nejmann
<snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:16:32 +0100, Ian Noble <fredd@clara.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know of a mod that will lock the primary action bar in one
>>position? I don't know pre isely how I'm doing it (some mousewheel
>>action, I think), but I don't use the function, and I'm forever
>>finding that I've managed to roll my favourite /most necessary spells
>>out of sight during a fight. All the "locking" mods I've found so far
>>seem to be targetted at stopping buttons being dragged off the bar,
>>rather than locking the position of the bar itself.
>
>Go into keybindings and unbind shift+mousewheel for going through
>action bar pages.
Of course. Obvious when it's pointed out.

Thanks, folks - Ian
!