Good heatsink for a Pentium G840??

Tk9999

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Hey, I'm new here so don't be to harsh on me :D Basically I've decided that the stock intel cooler on my cpu isn't good enough for what i need, I'm thinking what type I should get that would keep my cpu cool under load and idle... I've looked around but I'm kinda stuck as their are massive quantity's of heatsinks and etc on the market at the moment. I'm looking for one that would be good for gaming as I am a minor gamer. Just a heatsink that will keep my cpu under 36 Degrees Celsius And under 55 Degrees Celsius Under load. Oh and it needs to be under $90 Aus.. and i don't really care how loud it is. I mostly play games like Minecraft, Skyrim, Gta 4. Etc. Thanks :D

My Rig:
Pentium G840 2.8ghz
8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws XL Ram
Nvidia Gt610
Some case i bought of ebay which doesn't have a badge or anything but still looks nice.
500Gb Western Digital Harddrive
630W Power Supply
I didn't really think this was needed but i put it here just in case..

Solution
If you need the CPU cooler, I'll recommend you the Cooler Master Hyper 212+, great cooler for the price/performance.

I don't think you want to spend money in something you don't really need, those Pentiums are not meant for overclocking.

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
If you need the CPU cooler, I'll recommend you the Cooler Master Hyper 212+, great cooler for the price/performance.

I don't think you want to spend money in something you don't really need, those Pentiums are not meant for overclocking.

Solution

twelve25

Distinguished
You can't overclock that CPU at all and the stock cooler will keep it well within safe limits (honestly anything under 80 at load is well within safe zone). If you had an extra $90 to blow you should have got a video card that can actually play video games.

So bottom line, the best one to use with that chip is the one it came with.

Tk9999

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I understand that it can't be overclocked but for some reason I'm one of those people who like to keep things really cool. But thanks jrayx i was thinking of the hyper but i wasn't sure. Plus I've got enough for a graphics card as well as the heatsink. I'm also trying to make the inside of my computer look nice thats another reason i want a different heatsink But do you guys think the XFX Radeon Hd7770 would be a good choice. HD7770 http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=794&Itemid=72 , Oh twelve25 the gt 610 isn't that bad of a card actually, I can most games with decent framerate.

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

The HD 7770 is a great mid range video card, it depends of the resolution you're playing, also the CPU is important. I'll recomend you the Sapphire 7770, but i don't know about the bottleneck with that processor.