My first build, PC not powering on

sofawall

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
As far as I can tell, I followed the guide correctly, but neither the power button on the front of my computer nor the power button on the mobo itself is doing anything. All the cables that I can plug in are plugged in, and I think they're in the right place, but obviously something isn't quite right.

The parts I have are here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bMzp . Anyone have anything I can even begin to check to get an idea of what might be the issue?

target50

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
it could just be that your plug for the power button might not be in the right place, so your mobo isnt turning on. go through it again and see if you made any mistakes.

Or you might not have the pin plugged in on your mobo to from your psu? its one of those.

if everything is plugged in and still not working, there's something wrong with the parts... its hope thats not it.

sofawall

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Well the cables I have say CPU on one and PCIe on two of them, I actually checked that first. As far as I know it doesn't split up into a 4pin, but the motherboard only has an 8-pin connector anyway.

check that you used the brass stand offs under the mb if you did not th mb going to short out. on the asus mb there a power good green led on the bottom of the mb.with the power supply plugged in is that green light on. also there led for the pci video and sometime there a red led for ram. the video and ram led will blink on and then turn off if the ram/boot led is on hard you could have a dead short or a bad ram slot. all you need to boot is one ram stick and the onboard video and a power supply.

TRENDING THREADS