noother10

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hi Guys,

I currently have just recently purchased and built a new PC (i5 2500k, GTX680, etc) and I'm looking to upgrade my existing monitor and use it as a secondary one. My current monitor is a VW266H which is a 25.5" screen. There isn't really much wrong with it but I wanted a second monitor as I recently got rid of the one I was using before as my secondary.

The monitors I'm looking at I'd like would be a 120hz screen, good contrast and image quality with low lag. I'm still debating whether to get 27" or get 24". The main use for the monitor will be gaming with some video watching. I play games like League of Legends, Tera, Diablo 3, Eve Online and am beta testing some other MMOs. I do like the 1920x1200 resolution and if I went to 27" I'd probably like a higher resolution. I do have a height restriction for the monitor though of 470mm which some are under and some aren't depending on the stand. I don't want an IPS screen as they cost too much and have lag/ghost issues when running 120hz (catleap OC).

Can anyone recommend anything? I have around a $500 budget. I just have a habit of going bigger for these sorts of things, maybe a 24" would be better? I'm not entirely sure. Any feedback would be appreciated.