G

I mainly use my comp to study (eg open word, excel etc.)
Seldom play games, mianly 2D, average requirements.

DVD-ROM:
=================================================================
1. What DVD-ROM you using ??
2. What DVD-ROM like best ??
3. What DVD-ROM suit my need (Price: $3XX-5XX in HK dollar)??

4. How about the DVD of:
-- NEC
-- Panasonic
-- Sony
-- Hitachi
-- Genius
-- Creative
-- ASUSTek
-- Actima
-- Aopen
-- SamSung

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I personally own a Pioneer 16x 116(tray)...but out of the ones in your list, I might take a look at the Aopen 12x since you can get it in retail which includes warranty, powerDVD 2.55, audio cable, and other stuff for around $40 (USD).

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I would take a look at the prices of all those drives and select one from the lower end if I were you. Sounds like you'll only be a casual user of it.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
Myself and a couple of my friends have the Aopen 12X DVD-ROM and it works great. None of us have had any problems with them. You can get one (retail box) for around $50 at mwave.com.

G

Well I have the Pioneer 106S. It's a slot, not a tray. I like it, not too loud and very fast. :wink:

<Common Sense is a gift that some of us have returned.>

G

Whats the difference between the slot and tray versions of the pioneer drives?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Barf on 08/03/01 09:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
In the 116 models, the slot has digital out while the tray does not. Other than that and its looks, its the same drive.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>