Desktop Icon Font Coloring

March 19, 2005 6:21:01 PM

I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the desktop.
Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc.... Thank you.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 9:41:03 PM

Try folder options in control-panel,click on the file types tab,you can edit
the icons from within.

"Juana" wrote:

> I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the desktop.
> Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc.... Thank you.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 11:17:31 PM

http://www.atlguide2000.com/windowsxp/index.php?act=vie...
Scroll to the bit you want ....

Juana wrote:
> I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the
> desktop. Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc....
> Thank you.
Related resources
May 15, 2005 5:46:03 PM

None of the info provided answers part of the original question: How can you
change the font color of the icons that display within folders? My font
appears as green all of a sudden with all file & folder icons and I don't
know why. Is there a way to change the font color?
Thanks!

"Taurarian" wrote:

> http://www.atlguide2000.com/windowsxp/index.php?act=vie...
> Scroll to the bit you want ....
>
> Juana wrote:
> > I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the
> > desktop. Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc....
> > Thank you.

May 15, 2005 5:57:52 PM

Elsewhere I found the following info which got rid of the green color that my
file/folder names had started appearing in:

By design, WinXP automatically compresses files that do not get
used frequently, and, if you've left the default settings intact,
displays those files in blue.

If you wish to change this behavior, in Windows Explorer, click
Tools > Folder Options > View > Advanced settings: Show encrypted or
compressed NTFS files in color.

--

"Juana" wrote:

> I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the desktop.
> Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc.... Thank you.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 12:05:24 AM

You might want to check your installed monitor drivers as well as the
monitor settings; the change in color might be related to improper display
refresh rates.
Michael

!