Desktop Icon Font Coloring

I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the desktop.
Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc.... Thank you.
5 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon font coloring

    Try folder options in control-panel,click on the file types tab,you can edit
    the icons from within.

    "Juana" wrote:

    > I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the desktop.
    > Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc.... Thank you.

    http://www.atlguide2000.com/windowsxp/index.php?act=view&aid=15
    Scroll to the bit you want ....

    Juana wrote:
    > I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the
    > desktop. Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc....
    > Thank you.

    None of the info provided answers part of the original question: How can you
    change the font color of the icons that display within folders? My font
    appears as green all of a sudden with all file & folder icons and I don't
    know why. Is there a way to change the font color?
    Thanks!

    "Taurarian" wrote:

    > http://www.atlguide2000.com/windowsxp/index.php?act=view&aid=15
    > Scroll to the bit you want ....
    >
    > Juana wrote:
    > > I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the
    > > desktop. Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc....
    > > Thank you.

    Elsewhere I found the following info which got rid of the green color that my
    file/folder names had started appearing in:

    By design, WinXP automatically compresses files that do not get
    used frequently, and, if you've left the default settings intact,
    displays those files in blue.

    If you wish to change this behavior, in Windows Explorer, click
    Tools > Folder Options > View > Advanced settings: Show encrypted or
    compressed NTFS files in color.

    --

    "Juana" wrote:

    > I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the desktop.
    > Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc.... Thank you.

    You might want to check your installed monitor drivers as well as the
    monitor settings; the change in color might be related to improper display
    refresh rates.
    Michael

    "RickB" <RickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > None of the info provided answers part of the original question: How can
    > you
    > change the font color of the icons that display within folders? My font
    > appears as green all of a sudden with all file & folder icons and I don't
    > know why. Is there a way to change the font color?
    > Thanks!
    >

    > "Taurarian" wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.atlguide2000.com/windowsxp/index.php?act=view&aid=15
    >> Scroll to the bit you want ....
    >>
    >> Juana wrote:
    >> > I would like to change the font type and color the icons on the
    >> > desktop. Where can I do that. I could not find it in themes, etc....
    >> > Thank you.

Configuration Desktops Font Customization Windows XP