Cannot delete JPG....

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
August 12, 2005 2:06:34 PM

I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
"The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
When I run this utility, nothing happens.
How can I delete this jpg from my card??
Thanks!

More about : delete jpg

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:06:35 PM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:06:34 -0400, "Terri" <terri@mylanusa.com>
wrote:

>I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
>SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
>"The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
>unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
>When I run this utility, nothing happens.
>How can I delete this jpg from my card??
>Thanks!

Reformat the card....

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:06:35 PM

Formatting will get rid of everything on the card so beware!!

davina_perris@yahoo.co.uk
August 12, 2005 3:32:42 PM

On 12 Aug 2005 08:59:49 -0700, davina_perris@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>Formatting will get rid of everything on the card so beware!!
>
>davina_perris@yahoo.co.uk

If you don't know that you don't need to be using a digital camera.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 6:16:20 PM

Terri wrote:
> I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
> SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
> "The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
> unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
> When I run this utility, nothing happens.
> How can I delete this jpg from my card??
> Thanks!

If you don't want anything else on the card, format it in the camera.

David
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 12:42:56 AM

wrote:

>I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
>SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
>"The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
>unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
>When I run this utility, nothing happens.
>How can I delete this jpg from my card??
>Thanks!

You might try "chkdsk /F" as in "fix".
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 4:13:15 AM

Terri wrote:
> I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
> SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
> "The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
> unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
> When I run this utility, nothing happens.
> How can I delete this jpg from my card??

Are you sure it doesn't say it is "corrupt"?

Anyway, put the card back in your camera and format it.
Don't forget to get all the other images you want off the card
first.

-Mike
!