Potential monitor/graphics card issue

rsaylor87

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I recently bought the monitor listed above after my previous monitor (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009162) broke. The previous monitor displayed crystal clear videos from just about any source, from games to YouTube to BluRay.

This new monitor, however, displays videos in a rather grainy and "pixelated" quality. I'm not sure why this is.

At first, I noticed that the monitor was listed as Generic PnP in the device manager. I went to the Acer website and downloaded the driver they have listed for this monitor and updated it. Nothing changed. NOTE: In playing around with setting, the device manager has since reverted this back to Generic PnP Monitor. Not sure why, and I am unable to get it to "change" back.

I changed the overscan settings in CCC to get rid of the inch-thick box around the screen. That didn't seem to be the issue.

Does anyone know what may be my problem here? Could it be my graphics card?

PS: Posted this in Flat Panel Display forum as well to see if the monitor guys could help out with this.

rsaylor87

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Actually, I was wondering if this could be an issue with Catalyst Control Center. I just updated it to 12.4 shortly after plugging in the new monitor. I didn't really get an opportunity to test the monitor before the update.

carlosb

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Try taking a picture and posting it. Also it might be your cable that is faulty. Also try the monitor settings; I can choose modes between Gaming and Normal in my monitor and it does make a visual difference.