Help with picking a digital camera, looking for certain th..

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 12, 2005 7:17:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a digital camera, point and shoot style, with these
features:

Fill flash always on - I don't want to have to set this every time I turn
the camera on. I want to set this once and have it be the default.

Quick shutter response - When I press the shutter button, I want little or
no delay for capturing the picture. Also a quick turn on time.

Wide angle lens - I want the widest field of view reasonably possible. I'm
hoping for the 35mm film equivalient of a 28mm lens, but nothing longer than
the equivalent of a 35mm lens. I will take a lot of group shots with the
camera.

There are other things I'm looking for as well, but I really want to limit
my search to cameras that have the above features. Thanks in advance for
your help.

Steve

More about : picking digital camera

August 12, 2005 7:17:29 PM

Steve Oster wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a digital camera, point and shoot style, with these
> features:
>
> Fill flash always on - I don't want to have to set this every time I turn
> the camera on. I want to set this once and have it be the default.
>
> Quick shutter response - When I press the shutter button, I want little or
> no delay for capturing the picture. Also a quick turn on time.
>
> Wide angle lens - I want the widest field of view reasonably possible. I'm
> hoping for the 35mm film equivalient of a 28mm lens, but nothing longer than
> the equivalent of a 35mm lens. I will take a lot of group shots with the
> camera.
>
> There are other things I'm looking for as well, but I really want to limit
> my search to cameras that have the above features. Thanks in advance for
> your help.
>
> Steve

Check out this page:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Plug in "Zoom wide - <28mm" and one other "I want" (like size, or price
range, or pixels) and there you go - lots of candidates. I'd say, for a
compact the Canon A60 or A70's nice. For a prosumer level camera, I own
an Olympus C-5060 and really like it so I'm partial to the C-7070, it's
successor; it needs a bounceable flash to really shine indoors but
you'll get top-quality pics with it. The Nikon 5400 and 8400 have their
devotees, too. The cheapest would be the Fuji E500, but I don't know
much about it; you could look at www.steves-digicams.com or
www.imaging-resource.com to see if they've reviewed it.

Good Luck!
ECM
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 7:17:29 PM

Sony DSC- h1

No I'm not explaining myself.

It's my freedom of no-speech.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 9:00:42 PM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:17:28 +0000, Steve Oster wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a digital camera, point and shoot style, with these
> features:
>
> Fill flash always on - I don't want to have to set this every time I turn
> the camera on. I want to set this once and have it be the default.
>
> Quick shutter response - When I press the shutter button, I want little or
> no delay for capturing the picture. Also a quick turn on time.
>
> Wide angle lens - I want the widest field of view reasonably possible. I'm
> hoping for the 35mm film equivalient of a 28mm lens, but nothing longer than
> the equivalent of a 35mm lens. I will take a lot of group shots with the
> camera.
>
> There are other things I'm looking for as well, but I really want to limit
> my search to cameras that have the above features. Thanks in advance for
> your help.
>
> Steve
The moon is up there.
I don't know of a camera with all those features.
Try google - it might help.
--
Neil
Delete delete to reply by email