Slight lightning pixelation while in movement - gpu or monitor?

Hello,

First my system specs:

Saphire HD 7850 OC (at default OC) With CCC 12.4
i5 2500k (turbo enabled, i.e. 3.7 ghz while gaming)
16 GB Corsair Vegeance @ 1333 CML16GX3M4A1600C9B (but can activate XPM for 1600)
Maximus IV Gene-z/Gen 3 Motherboard BIOS - 0402 (first released BIOS)
Blue Caviar WD 500 GB
Seasonic Semi Modular 620 W PSU

Monitor: ASUS VS 228H-P

My system is brand new and I used to have a LG L227WTG-PF Black 22" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 10000:1DCR with HDCP Support, which I had to sell because I moved countries... anyway I have read that monitor was beyond excellent.

Now to the problem, I don't know if I never noticed or not, but I have been playing Diablo 3 and there are quite a few light sources than stand out in the grayish environment, what I notice is they look perfectly crisp when my character is standing still, but when I move my character if I pay attention to the light sources they become slightly pixelated, I can see a very tiny mesh of pixels in them.

I though it might be a problem with the game but then I tried Guild Wars because there are some flames in the login screen again without moving my mouse they are crisp, but when I started dragging my mouse around I noticed the same thing!, although I had to get really close to the monitor this time since it seems to be way more noticeable if the surrounding pixels are darkish/greyish.

I am not sure what this is, or if this is actually just normal I am playing with an HDMI cable at 1920 x 1080p. It is kinda noticeable at times in Diablo 3 though.

I am not sure if this could be a problem with the GPU, the drivers or perhaps the Monitor which has a 5 ms response time.

Can anyone please tell me what is happening or if this is normal?

EDIT: Upon even closer examination (about 1-2 inches from the monitor) If I am moving around I can see the tiny mesh in everything, it is not the same mesh I can see standing still (the normal 1080 p mesh), this one is more noticeable. It is just more noticeable on lighting, and it is sometimes noticeable from a normal distance (about 2 feet) on diablo 3 lightning.
8 answers Last reply
More about slight lightning pixelation movement monitor
  1. Help
  2. Sorry for the double post, posting from phone though ot didnt post the first time...
  3. Help please =(
  4. Any ideas?
  5. I've never heard of such an issue, but have you tried the same monitor on a different computer, or tried a different cable or any other possible combination of parts that could possibly be at fault on a spare computer or friends system?
  6. Hi bystander, I havent tried with another pc, but I will try that, it seems to only happen in games, havent been able to reproduce with videos which is odd.
  7. Oscarmk said:
    Hi bystander, I havent tried with another pc, but I will try that, it seems to only happen in games, havent been able to reproduce with videos which is odd.

I am having the exact same issue!!!
    Someone please help!
  8. Help Please!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics