How to connect Headphones to multi input sound card

Ninetailz

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Hi,
Im thinking of upgrading my headet from a Roccat Kave to Audio-Technica ATH M50 or maybe the Sennheiser PC360. Im currently using a XFI sound card and im wondering what is the best way to connect these headphones to the soundcard? The sound card has inputs for every channel (front, center, side, bass) but the headphones only come with a 3.5mm plug. Please advise.

Thanks

ram1009

Distinguished
I guess I don't understand your dilemma. You talk about multiple "inputs" to your sound card but seem to be asking where to plug in your headset which is an "output". You also mention a 3.5mm plug on your headset which is standard I believe and plugs into every sound output I've ever seen on a computer. If you have a 1/4" connector somewhere on your system get an adapter. Every headset I've bought recently has an adapter with it.

Ninetailz

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Sorry your right i actually meant multiple outputs. So what im actually asking is what output should these head phones go into? The Roccat kaves that im using now is attached to five cables at the end, each one corresponds to an output on the sound card. So if i bought the m50's for example would i plug those into the front output for example?

TRENDING THREADS