Screwed up Catalyst CC with Overclock

Jeteroll

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
OK so I have an old 4850 1gb and I decided to overclock with Afterburner. It started crashing so I reset in afterburner. Problem is the overclock setting that makes my card crash is stuck in CCC so that every time I start it, my card crashes. I disabled CCC from starting and now I can get into windows and everything, problem is, I cant get that setting out of CCC so that I can open it without my card crashing, even though I uninstalled it and then re installed it a couple times.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED :D

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
first of all uninstall the msi afterburner when u change the setting of gpu by clock increase it increase the temperature of gpu so it crashes in games go bios and set load default setting ext & save changes then run it decent rate oc not recommended

Longchow

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Try downloading DriverSweeper as well as CCleaner (select ATI/AMD files) and run it in safemode after uninstalling CCC. This will clear your computer of saved driver information and let you have a clean re-install. Since this ? is back from May, I'm sure you've figured out a way to fix it by now, but just an fyi.