Will this mobo bottleneck this video card?

R4NG3R

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Im running an e7200 3.0ghz core 2 duo with 4 gigs of 1333 ram with this motherboard

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus Socket 775 G41
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0380270

and I just bought the EVGA GTS450 video card with dx11, PhysX, and gddr5
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0381815

in the specs for this mobo it only says supports dx10 which is think is ddr3, so if I put this card in it will the motherboard not fully utilize physX, dx11, and gddr5 should i return this card for a ddr3 card? or is this just a stupid question? lol

Solution
the memory used by video card is actually a different type from the usual memory sticks mentioned on mobo's specs. For instance, currenty I'm running an LGA 775 motherboard with Core 2 Duo E 6750. This mobo only support DDR2.

With that setting, I also have a GTS 450 running just fine. The things that usually bottleneck is usually your CPU or the PCIE speed, for example running a PCIE 2.0 VGA card on a PCIE 1.0 motherboard.

And of course you'll get Phsyx and DX11. It has nothing to do with specs. I played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City with above specs with Physx just fine. Of course sometimes the framerate will drop (depends on the situation of your game, like having Batman surrounded by 30 thugs) when you enable Physx.

Oh, and yeah...
G

it is possible that a 5/6xxx series card would cause a problem being PCI 2.1 with your motherboard which appears to be PCI 1.0. the most recent BIOS might correct that.

keigo_kanzaki

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
the memory used by video card is actually a different type from the usual memory sticks mentioned on mobo's specs. For instance, currenty I'm running an LGA 775 motherboard with Core 2 Duo E 6750. This mobo only support DDR2.

With that setting, I also have a GTS 450 running just fine. The things that usually bottleneck is usually your CPU or the PCIE speed, for example running a PCIE 2.0 VGA card on a PCIE 1.0 motherboard.

And of course you'll get Phsyx and DX11. It has nothing to do with specs. I played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City with above specs with Physx just fine. Of course sometimes the framerate will drop (depends on the situation of your game, like having Batman surrounded by 30 thugs) when you enable Physx.

Oh, and yeah, of course you can run AMD graphic cards on Intel platforms, just like running NVidia cards on AMD platforms.

Solution

R4NG3R

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

the gts450 and my mobo are both PCI-E 2.0