Pet exploit

A few patches back Blizzard changed it so that if you pet was on
defensive and a guard attacked you, you WOULDN'T get flagged. I've
been exploiting this recently to have fun and demonstrate how
game-breaking it is.

I did it in Goldshire. I just walked up to a guard and he started
whacking on me. No problem, my pet started attacking him. It was a
fairly even match and I healing my pet once or twice during the battle.
Then I did it on a second guard. By this point Alliance defense
started showing up, but since my pet and I weren't flagged, there
wasn't much they could do! They were able to heal and buff the NPC
guard, but herein lies the interesting problem: when they do so, they
get flagged!

And not only that. When the guard dies, the pet GOES AFTER THE PLAYER
WHO HELPED THE GUARD!! I was able to have my pet kill a level 48 mage
without me or the pet ever being flagged. I only became flagged and
died when my Mark of the Chosen went off :-/ Go figure, have your pet
kill guards and players, and stay unflagged. But have a reactive
trinket trigger and buff you and get flagged. Laaaame.

I noted this potential problem in the patch notes when the change went
live and voiced my concern, but no one seemed to care. The simple
solution is to remove the change and make it so that if your pet
attacks a guard no matter what the circumstances you get flagged. You
should just be careful and put your pet on passive when travelling in
an area with aggressive enemy NPCs.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-06-02, Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
> A few patches back Blizzard changed it so that if you pet was on
> defensive and a guard attacked you, you WOULDN'T get flagged. I've
> been exploiting this recently to have fun and demonstrate how
> game-breaking it is.
>
> I did it in Goldshire. I just walked up to a guard and he started
> whacking on me. No problem, my pet started attacking him. It was a
> fairly even match and I healing my pet once or twice during the battle.
> Then I did it on a second guard. By this point Alliance defense
> started showing up, but since my pet and I weren't flagged, there
> wasn't much they could do! They were able to heal and buff the NPC
> guard, but herein lies the interesting problem: when they do so, they
> get flagged!

Where you the Tauren on Lightbringer who did this? If so I killed
you because eventually you did get flagged.

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

"Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote in message
> <snippity>

The change was made because pets would aggro on things when you were just
trying to get away, flagging you for pvp.

I agree that it's a bit of an exploit...my suggestion, however, would be to
make sure that healing your pet (like healing anything else) would flag you,
if your pet was currently engaging a pvp-flagged enemy.

-[Blayde]-

TRENDING THREADS