Sign in with
Your question

I need video card help to play Diablo 3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 18, 2012 5:36:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I need to upgrade my video card to play Diablo 3. And I cant seem to figure out what to do(well i know what to do i just cant do it without help xD). I have a Dell XPS 210 with duel 128MB ATI Radeon x600 se cards in it. and they are super out-dated. And 3.25 GBs of Ram. The Xps 210 is a slim body So....im guessing that it takes smaller video cards. <---stress =(
I am afraid of ordering one that cant work with the power supply or just cant work with the computer in general. Can someone please help me find a video card that i can easly buy? I say easily because some sites dont sell certain ones anymore. So please help me play Diablo 3!!

under system it says Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.66GHz,
3.25 GB of RAM

P.S this is a hand me down computer until i get my own so i know its not great but im hoping i can use it for now to play diablo. preferably at decent graphics dont worry about price but dont get crazy. =)

and this link is the computer i have minus the video card. http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/desktops/xpsdt_210/pd.asp...

More about : video card play diablo

May 18, 2012 6:42:28 AM

The low profile Radeon HD 6570 will be able to play D3 on max at about 30fps, but it requires a 400w power supply and I think your system only has a 270w. the HD 6450 also requires a 400w power supply.

You probably need to get a new power supply if you want to get a card that can play D3.
m
l
May 18, 2012 6:50:00 AM

tonync_01 said:
The low profile Radeon HD 6570 will be able to play D3 on max at about 30fps, but it requires a 400w power supply and I think your system only has a 270w. the HD 6450 also requires a 400w power supply.

You probably need to get a new power supply if you want to get a card that can play D3.

Yea I think i have the 270w one. x.x so...me switching power supplies doesnt effect anything else right? i was hoping that it wouldnt come down to the power supply but i should of figured. and on the video cards that are in those links they both have a really long silver front is that piece thats poping out gonna allow it to fit? and i guess im gonna need a small 400w supply or are they all the same size. I will never buy a slim >=D lol thank god this is a hand me down.
m
l
!