Sign in with
Your question

Water cooled gaming computer built into desk

Last response: in Systems
July 11, 2012 7:26:36 AM

I want to build a computer that dual-boots linux ubuntu and windows 7 (already own). I will be building this setup into a desk instead of a case. I want it to be watercooled and it will be used primarily for gaming. Games such as DayZ, CSS, D3, HL2, SC2, etc. What I would like advice for is the components for the computer and water cooling system, not the desk or case. My budget is flexible because the desk will be more of a project. Please just list the best components for this situation and I would really appreciate it.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week

Budget Range: $1000 for components + extra $$ for water cooling + $$ for desk

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (gaming, internet, video/photo editing, HDMI video playback)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: I need every part. I am starting from scratch.

Do you need to buy OS: I would like to dual-boot LINUX ubuntu and Windows 7 (I already have a copy of windows 7)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, amazon, or Frys

Parts Preferences: I prefer Intel, but I am open.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Not sure of advantages

Your Monitor Resolution: None yet

Additional Comments: It would be great to have a watercooled system that I wil

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I have been using an m11x R1 since it came out and it is time to move on to something big.
a b 4 Gaming
July 11, 2012 12:50:41 PM

watercooling isnt good until you get more than a 240mm rad or bigger

heres what i would get. you can easily get 4.2ghz with out raising voltages. you should go beyond that with the hyper 212 evo. honestly, the highest id ever go on ivy bridge is 4.5ghz and beyond that there isnt much performance gain. watercooling might help a bit but its not that worth it. comes with a SSD as well

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bHXH
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 11, 2012 12:50:58 PM

theres headroom for OC and crossfire
m
l
!