Expanding "C" instead of "My Documents" in Windows Explorer

I used to know how to change this but haven't had to in such along time I
can't remmber exactly how to do it .... errrrrrrrr
anyone out there with a moment or two, if you wouldn't mind could you send
me a link or the edit I need to use ??
Thanks

Steve
3 answers Last reply
More about expanding documents windows explorer

    Hi Steve

    Try the following command for the shortcut:

    %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "swlbc" <swlbc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I used to know how to change this but haven't had to in such along time I
    > can't remmber exactly how to do it .... errrrrrrrr
    > anyone out there with a moment or two, if you wouldn't mind could you send
    > me a link or the edit I need to use ??
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve

    Thanks Will, this is exactly what I was looking for. Bravo an' Hooray !!

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi Steve
    >
    > Try the following command for the shortcut:
    >
    > %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups.
    >

    > "swlbc" <swlbc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I used to know how to change this but haven't had to in such along time I
    > > can't remmber exactly how to do it .... errrrrrrrr
    > > anyone out there with a moment or two, if you wouldn't mind could you send
    > > me a link or the edit I need to use ??
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Steve

    You're welcome.

    --

    > Thanks Will, this is exactly what I was looking for. Bravo an' Hooray !!
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Steve
    >>
    >> Try the following command for the shortcut:
    >>
    >> %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups.
    >>

    >> "swlbc" <swlbc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I used to know how to change this but haven't had to in such along time
    >> > can't remmber exactly how to do it .... errrrrrrrr
    >> > anyone out there with a moment or two, if you wouldn't mind could you
    >> > send
    >> > me a link or the edit I need to use ??
    >> > Thanks
    >> >
    >> > Steve