Super flower atlas design 680w?

Solution
For a system using two GeForce GTX 660 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 650 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two Radeon HD 7870 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 39 Amps or greater and have at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial...

Grass Peer

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Super-flower is a power supply manufacturer and designer who makes psus for some other brands and also sells them under their own brand. They makes good power supplies but I don't know much about that particular model as I didn't find any reviews of it. All I know is that it's probably a little old, as I think it's from 2009.

Do you have other power supplies you'd want an opinion of?

fort90

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Damn, its so cheap for a fully modular PSU at 680w with those wicked sick LEDs lol..
the only other ones I looked at was the corsair tx700 except that's non modular.. Also xfx xxx 750, same again non modular..
And they at least £15-25 more :\
Back to the super flower, the only thing that would concern me is its dual rail.. And I don't know a lot about psu's and terminology, to be honest.. This is my first PC build lol

Yes it's an old design. It's electrical conversion efficiency is below 80% so it can't even get 80PLUS certification. The older Super Flower PSUs didn't have a good reputation.

It's the bright LED gimmick that lures the unsuspecting into buying junk. Don't fall for it.

If you were choosing a PSU from Super Flower's Golden King Series then I would say go for it.

fort90

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Ah OK fair enough!
Can you recommend a decent modular PSU between 700-800w for under $150/£95?
I want max air flow and as little wires as poss

Thanks guys

For a system using two GeForce GTX 660 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 650 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two Radeon HD 7870 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 39 Amps or greater and have at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated @ 45-50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Seasonic M12II Bronze Series 650W (SS-650AM), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 53 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with two GeForce GTX 660 Ti in 2-way SLI mode or with two Radeon HD 7870 in 2-way CrossFire mode.

There's even spare capacity to handle some overclocking.

I don't know where you buy your computer components from, but the Seasonic M12II Bronze Series 650W (SS-650AM) is priced around £82.99 inc VAT (£69.16 ex VAT).

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-030-SS&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk

Solution

fort90

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Wow nice find! I am actually going for either one of those cards, probably the 7870 for the price. But for future crossfire in mind that PSU is nice.
Zalman z11 plus case, 2 LED 120mm fans, 1 120mm fan, 2 80mm fans
Asrock 970 extreme mobo
And phenom ii x4 965 BE
Corsair vengeance 1600mhz 2x4gb
Seagate baracudda 500gb hdd
Parts yet to order..
GPU (between gtx 660ti / HD 7870)
300mbps WiFi card
Possibly fan controller bay?
Possibly DVD rw drive

Edit: you think I should go for 700/750+ for future sli/crossfirex possibility?

Only if you're going to be using two GeForce GTX 680 in 2-way SLI mode or two Radeon HD 7970 in 2-way CrossFire mode.

The Seasonic M12II Bronze Series 650W (SS-650AM), that I recommended, is already more than sufficient for two GeForce GTX 660 Ti in 2-way SLI mode or for two Radeon HD 7870 in 2-way CrossFire mode.