  • Configuration
  • Taskbar
  • Windows XP
March 20, 2005 6:20:17 PM

Suddenly, without any action on my part, (as far as I know), the taskbar in
my XP-pro (SP2) grew to the double of its previous, "normal" width, and
even though
the "Lock taskbar" option is off, the task bar refuses to be manually
resized back to
its previous width. In fact, it ignores all attempts at being resized in any
manner, up or down! I assume I must unwittingly have set some option
somewhere that has caused this behaviour, but am unable to find any hints
about any such settings in XP Help and Support.
I have the Matrox G400 graphics card with Matrox Quick Desk installed and my
desktop theme is the
"Windows classic" theme (but changing to the XP theme has no effect on the
oversized taskbar problem)
Any hints or tips on how to solve this?

Trond Ruud,
Norway

More about : taskbar resized double width

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:17:37 PM

Hi there,

Download and install a tiny patch to restore taskbar to its default
settings:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_d...

Usage: Download the file to your computer and double-click to install.
Norton anti-virus software might warn you of a "malicious" script, this is
normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. I recommend
you choose "Authorize entire script" option next Action.

--
HTH
Meena
"Trond Ruud" <truud2@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Suddenly, without any action on my part, (as far as I know), the taskbar
in
> my XP-pro (SP2) grew to the double of its previous, "normal" width, and
> even though
> the "Lock taskbar" option is off, the task bar refuses to be manually
> resized back to
> its previous width. In fact, it ignores all attempts at being resized in
any
> manner, up or down! I assume I must unwittingly have set some option
> somewhere that has caused this behaviour, but am unable to find any hints
> about any such settings in XP Help and Support.
> I have the Matrox G400 graphics card with Matrox Quick Desk installed and
my
> desktop theme is the
> "Windows classic" theme (but changing to the XP theme has no effect on the
> oversized taskbar problem)
> Any hints or tips on how to solve this?
>
> Trond Ruud,
> Norway

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:17:38 PM

In news message:epQg7uVLFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Meena <SAYNO2SPAM.emailmeena@gmail.com> wrote this:
> Hi there,
>
> Download and install a tiny patch to restore taskbar to its default
> settings:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_d...
>
> Usage: Download the file to your computer and double-click to install.
> Norton anti-virus software might warn you of a "malicious" script,
> this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology
> enabled. I recommend you choose "Authorize entire script" option
> next Action.
>

>> Suddenly, without any action on my part, (as far as I know), the
>> taskbar in my XP-pro (SP2) grew to the double of its previous,
>> "normal" width

Thanks! That fixed it.
Trond Ruud
!