Taskbar resized itself to double width

Suddenly, without any action on my part, (as far as I know), the taskbar in
my XP-pro (SP2) grew to the double of its previous, "normal" width, and
even though
the "Lock taskbar" option is off, the task bar refuses to be manually
resized back to
its previous width. In fact, it ignores all attempts at being resized in any
manner, up or down! I assume I must unwittingly have set some option
somewhere that has caused this behaviour, but am unable to find any hints
about any such settings in XP Help and Support.
I have the Matrox G400 graphics card with Matrox Quick Desk installed and my
desktop theme is the
"Windows classic" theme (but changing to the XP theme has no effect on the
oversized taskbar problem)
Any hints or tips on how to solve this?

Trond Ruud,
Norway
2 answers Last reply
More about taskbar resized double width

    Hi there,

    Download and install a tiny patch to restore taskbar to its default
    settings:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs

    Usage: Download the file to your computer and double-click to install.
    Norton anti-virus software might warn you of a "malicious" script, this is
    normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. I recommend
    you choose "Authorize entire script" option next Action.

    --
    HTH
    Meena

    In news message:epQg7uVLFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Meena <SAYNO2SPAM.emailmeena@gmail.com> wrote this:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Download and install a tiny patch to restore taskbar to its default
    > settings:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs
    >
    > Usage: Download the file to your computer and double-click to install.
    > Norton anti-virus software might warn you of a "malicious" script,
    > this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology
    > enabled. I recommend you choose "Authorize entire script" option
    > next Action.
    >

    >> Suddenly, without any action on my part, (as far as I know), the
    >> taskbar in my XP-pro (SP2) grew to the double of its previous,
    >> "normal" width

    Thanks! That fixed it.
    Trond Ruud

Configuration Taskbar Windows XP