CoolerMaster V8 Or 212 EVO.

tdzmuzza

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
well straight to the point, which ones better for performance?or if you have any other good coolers please share.

cmi86

Distinguished
I swear by the CM hyper 212 evo. I use them in push pull with CM sickle flow 120 mm fans and arctic silver 5 paste and have never had any system come close to max temp

cmi86

Distinguished
It keeps my 960T that i overclocked 1.25Ghz under 50c after 24 hours of max load. I have become so comfortable with this cooler that I dont even question it's capability anymore and see it as a viable cooling solution for most any situation (minus EXTREME OC'ing like world records)

tdzmuzza

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

hey will it be fine for standard clock speeds and manye a bit of ocing? i will upgrade to the noctua butnthey had non in stock!!wanted the noctua NH-D14 but non in stock:(.

socialfox

Distinguished
The Enermax is a bit better than the Hyper 212 when it comes to handling overclocks as seen in the benchmark.

An alternative to the DH-14 that actually performs better with a bit of a lesser price is the Phanteks PH-TC14PE.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709001

Read this as well:
http://www.kitguru.net/components/henry-butt/phanteks-ph-tc14pe-vs-noctua-nh-d14-cpu-cooler-review/5/

Edit: What is your computer case? These are some monstrous looking CPU coolers that need quite a bit of space.

tdzmuzza

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

hey man,sticking with the 212 for a while will upgrade when i have a good few pounds to spend,the case is a NZXT Switch 810.

socialfox

Distinguished
Hahaha, that's not a problem. Like I said the Hyper 212 and Enermax cooler are very close, I only recommend the Enermax when it goes on sale and is very close to the Hyper 212 in terms of price. Anyways the DH-14/Phanteks will fit fine since you have more than enough room.

tdzmuzza

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

haha okay!,also sorry for being a pain in the a** but could you recommend a real decent mobo? 100/140£ i was getting a asrock z77 pro4 but theres mixed reviews and it doesnt support sli, so anything you would personally use?

i am looking towards the gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, anygood?

socialfox

Distinguished
^okay at that price I wont lie but the hyper 212 is a win win compared to the Enermax :lol:
If you want to close the gap between the 212 evo and plus then add a second fan on to it to create the push-pull configuration which causes 2-5 degrees of a difference typically.

Edit: I would buy the AsRock Extreme 4 if I was building an Intel build, too bad that's not happening for a while until I finish saving up for that 3570k rig which I am halfway through, I bet by that time when I'm finished the Haswell will be out and I will need to think about re-selecting a build :lol:

tdzmuzza

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

haha!more than likely always happens like that ay :lol: could you recommend any 140mm fans too?quiet but powerful?

TRENDING THREADS