XFX vs ASUS 7850

felixthemaster

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hi

I can't find a reviewer that has reviewed both products so its differcult to come to a conclusion with regards to noise and temps (due to the fact that noise is subjective and obviously different reviewers will use different testing conditions that will effect temp results).
The ASUS comes with a slightly higher overclock and the cooler LOOKS like it would be more efficient.
If you really need to save the ££ then you could go for the XFX and if its not what you wanted then you could always DSR it within 7 days.

felixthemaster

Honorable
May 17, 2012

thanks! (i have no clue what overclocking is)

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Haven't considered MSI Twin Frozr? It actually seems like the best choice (well at least for me), but then again - I don't exactly have that much knowledge to decide which would be a wiser choice. We don't know how reliable reviews are, but apparently according to this guy it gets only up to 61C (even when it's overclocked), if it's not overclocked - the temperature gets up to 59C, idle it's at less than 30C !!!

Just to explain briefly, many PC components (Grpahics cards, Processors, Memory (RAM) ETC...) operate at a certain frequency, this frequency directly effects the performance of the component, Overclocking is basically the act of increasing that frequency and so increasing performance.

So the ASUS has a stock GPU frequency of 870Mhz Vs the Stock frequency of the XFX of 860Mhz, so we know that the ASUS will be ever so slightly faster than the XFX, although this very slight overclock could be achieved by yourself if you wanted.

felixthemaster

Honorable
May 17, 2012
firstly, why cant we uki user edit posts? secondly the twin frozer is a tad expensive

thirdly, then why dont all ram and cpu and everything come pre overclocked? its practically free!

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011

1) Moderators are too lazy to fix this issue. Sometimes you cannot even reply.

2) It's not expensive, it's only expensive on overclockers, it's not the only site that sells the products, you know?

3) Because overclocking requires more PSU power and it increases the heat - therefore it reduces the lifespan of the product and there is a slight possibility of ruining the product. I don't really know that much, my knowledge is limit, but those are the facts - overclocking requires more power & it increases the heat.

Companies arent in the business of giving you more performance for free (Factory overclocking) that's why you see pre-overclocked products costing more than "Stock" products.

felixthemaster

Honorable
May 17, 2012

I see. Okay. I found a nice antec 1200 gaming pc on ebay i might just buy it if i can get it for 150 and then buy the graphics card and other stuff..

on second though nah, i actually build something, it will be my first time building or trying anything new, also id rather be happy with all parts

If you need any help choosing components please feel free to post in the homebuilt section of the forum :)

TRENDING THREADS