Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PROBLEM

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 18, 2012 11:56:59 AM

HI GUYS!
I HAVE A SERIOUSLY PROBLEM WITH MY GIGABYTE GTX 560 NON TI!
WHEN I PLAY GAMES, ABOUT AN HOUR LATER MY GPU USAGE GOES 0-10% AND MY COU USAGE GOES TO 100% AND I PLAY WITH 1 FPS FOR 10 SECS!
ANY IDEA?
PC SPECS:

Case: ASUS VENTO TA-M21 BLACK

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-500CX 500W

CPU: INTEL CORE I5-2500K 3.30 GHZ LGA1155

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3

RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 (RIPJAWZ)1600MHZ

GPU: GIGABYTEGEFORCE GTX560 GV-N56GOC1GB

HDD(1): WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB WD10EVDS SATA2

HDD(2): WESTERN DIGITAL 750GB BLACK EDITION

More about : problem

a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2012 12:02:05 PM

Hi there,

Please don't shout at me or other members of the forum, I appreciate your experiencing a problem but there's no need for CAPS.

Firstly have you tried checking the temps of the graphics card under load? If not you can do so by using free programs like GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner.

Is any part of your system overclocked?

Do you experience the problem only whilst gaming?

:) 
May 18, 2012 12:03:10 PM

run msi afterburner and have on screen display options set to show you the core speeds and temperatures. the card might be overheating and its throttling down
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 18, 2012 12:16:11 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi there,

Please don't shout at me or other members of the forum, I appreciate your experiencing a problem but there's no need for CAPS.

Firstly have you tried checking the temps of the graphics card under load? If not you can do so by using free programs like GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner.

Is any part of your system overclocked?

Do you experience the problem only whilst gaming?

:) 

LOL! im not shouting i just i get angry with this problem :p !
i always have opened the msi and when i play bf3 usually has 60-65C and cpu 70-75!
May 18, 2012 12:17:08 PM

alvine said:
run msi afterburner and have on screen display options set to show you the core speeds and temperatures. the card might be overheating and its throttling down

i always have opened the msi and when i play bf3 usually has 60-65C and cpu 70-75 and no solution!
i will try to get 285 driver
May 18, 2012 12:30:17 PM

Whoa, CPU is at 75c? Thats your issue right there. SHoulnt be anywhere near that temp.
a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2012 12:31:35 PM

Navigator96 said:
LOL! im not shouting i just i get angry with this problem :p !
i always have opened the msi and when i play bf3 usually has 60-65C and cpu 70-75!


Well when you type in CAPS it looks like you are shouting so please don't.

Your temps seem acceptable, is anything overclocked?

also is it just BF3 or do you experience the problem with other games?
May 18, 2012 12:32:12 PM

vrumor said:
Whoa, CPU is at 75c? Thats your issue right there. SHoulnt be anywhere near that temp.

yep im thinking for cooler now!
a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2012 12:33:16 PM

vrumor said:
Whoa, CPU is at 75c? Thats your issue right there. SHoulnt be anywhere near that temp.


75C wouldn't cause thermal throttling.
May 18, 2012 12:36:51 PM

Rustyy117 said:
75C wouldn't cause thermal throttling.

i know but i want to OC the 2500k!
a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2012 12:42:20 PM

Navigator96 said:
i know but i want to OC the 2500k!


Ok well then you'd need an aftermarket CPU cooler, all I'm saying is that it is not the cause of the problem your experiencing.
May 18, 2012 1:07:42 PM

My point was, is why is his CPU gettin that hot during gaming. It shouldnt be and may be the result of something else wrong.
May 18, 2012 1:28:17 PM

vrumor said:
My point was, is why is his CPU gettin that hot during gaming. It shouldnt be and may be the result of something else wrong.

Now i changed driver to 285 and i played for an hour bf and i didnt meet the problem
May 18, 2012 3:49:09 PM

@ vrumor
70->75 C is not that abnormal for Core temps with the CPU loaded and when using the "poor" Stock HSF. His problem was more indictive of a driver problem, which is what it turned out to be.

If you have not done, it is a good Idea to verify:
Temps and voltages (even thoe not the problem)
.. Cpu, run prime 95. This will also test Memory and CPU for stability while checking effectiveness of HSF. Since you have the stock HSF that may limit your run time - DO NOT go above 85 C for individual cores, Thermal throttling occurs around 95 C to protect CPU. About 15 Minutes is althat is need to check Temps and voltages (primarily your +12 V rail), But for stability need to run a min of 4 Hours, and Your HSF may not support so may need to put that off until after new HSF - MUST run prime 95 to verify stability when you start to OC.

.. GPU I run furmark and monitor GPU temp and again the +12 V rail.
May 18, 2012 4:22:47 PM

in my experiance i think that its the problem of heat so please keep your pc cool and then watch for the problem
May 19, 2012 5:12:47 PM

Guys my pc temps are ok but the only prob is my gpu usage!
May 19, 2012 5:42:35 PM

Think your problem is more driver related than hardware.
Not much help on Nvidia GPUs as all my desktops have the ATI/AMD GPUs and I'm not a gamer.
!