PSU Extenders.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I just wanted anyone's knowledge on 24/8 Pin Power cable extenders. I've recently bought Rosewill and Athena extenders and both have failed. The female parts were ok but required tons of pressure but thankfully i can use both hands (even at that point i had a feeling they were cheap since most PSU power connectors slide in easily) but the male parts would not go in on the MB and i was already applying more pressure then i would have liked. Anyone recommend any other company that would actually work and slide in easily?

nebrethar

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Sometimes it's a matter of your equipment all having to be from the same general era.

What year are the adapter, the mobo and the PSU?

And are you sure the psu fits the mobo in general?

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007

Not sure about the year, but the mobo is an ASUS P8Z77-V-Deluxe, and the PSU is a Cooler master Silent pro Gold 1200watts.

The PSU connector has 0 issues inserting into the mobo, its when i try to add the extender the male will not go into the female part on the MB.
I'm going to try again soon and see if i can separate the each individual connector if not i was looking at some Maxfinder extenders on frozencpu.com

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16270/cab-852/MaxFinder_Triple_Braided_24-Pin_Motherboard_Extension_Cable_-_50cm_-_Blood_Red_MF-ORB-A24-50.html?tl=g2c553s1695

A bit pricey but maybe the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Will buy this in a few weeks if i can't get the current ones i have to work.

Thanks again for the replys been meaning to get on and post, thanks again guys! Will post again if i can solve this mystery :bounce: