Can the gpu in my HP dv7 be upgraded?

southswmr

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I have an HP Pavillion dv7-4000t w/ an i7 quad core processor, 8 GB RAM, dual 300GB 7200 Hard Drives and a Radeon HD 5650M GPU. I was excited when I bought the laptop because I thought it would be able to handle high end graphics on games. Unfortunately I was given a rude awakening when I bought The Witcher 2 and it kicked my computers ass. I was a little confused so I looked into it and discovered that my gpu is actually a mid-low level gpu and can hardly run TW2 on the lowest settings.

I am certainly not going to buy another laptop just so I can run games, but I can't just give up good computer games until I do. Is it in any way possible to upgrade the gpu in my laptop?

If it is a possibility, where can I buy a laptop gpu and/or get one installed for me?

Let me know if I left out any information that could help you find out the answer. Thanks

Ok well that looks like it may be possible, I would assume it would void your warranty though.
The article doesn't suggest what type of graphics cards you will be able to upgrade too so hopefully someone else can help you with that as I've not upgraded a laptop GPU before.