Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Having a Gaming Graphics Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 18, 2012 4:12:17 PM

Hello, I built my rig about 6 months ago now, and was very pleased with the outcome. I've had no problems (if only minor ones) up until now. But recently, while playing most any First Person game (shooter, rpg, adventure...), if I move my mouse in any direction, my graphics seem to shudder... or rather become segmented and have to catch up to my pointer.
I can't find ANYTHING like this online, and I am desperate for some help here!
I have a ATI Radeon 5970 HD 2GB Black edition, i5 intel processor, and a native 1920x1080 acer monitor.
Thank you.

Best solution

May 18, 2012 7:44:50 PM

segmented? like screen tearing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

if yes, turn vertical sync on;
May 18, 2012 10:19:53 PM

ricardois said:
segmented? like screen tearing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

if yes, turn vertical sync on;

Thanks for the recommendation, and now I know the official terms to use... Problem is that VSync is on "Always On", and I have Triple buffering on as well. Still having the problem, I even went and turned the VSync off to see if THAT was the problem... no change. :cry: 
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2012 10:27:20 PM

Not to be redundant, but have you updated your drivers?
m
l
May 18, 2012 10:28:43 PM

wigglerthefish said:
Not to be redundant, but have you updated your drivers?

Yeah, made sure that everything was up to date and running fine. Thanks though.
m
l
May 18, 2012 10:42:29 PM

Having a similar problem. Actually posted my own topic on it. Not really tearing so much, just shaking really bad in some games. Walking and strafing are typically smooth though. Don't get it. Thought it might be an input problem, and with some games (ie crysis 2), it was, as using a controller to turn fixed it. Unfortunately, I can't use the same solution with games like rage, or skyrim.
m
l
May 18, 2012 11:08:34 PM

Temps ?

Cleaned out the dust recently ?
m
l
May 18, 2012 11:24:31 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
Temps ?

Cleaned out the dust recently ?

My rig runs hot (I don't have too many fans or any water cooling situation) so that might be a cause, and I have been pretty negligent with the cleaning of my interior, but I gutted the dust last night trying to figure out the problem.

Should I get more fans? A downward facing for my GPU? I'm still new to the custom rigs and all, this is my first build.
m
l
!