Sign in with
Your question

Graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 18, 2012 4:36:37 PM

Hey guys, I've got an HP Pavillion s5212y slimline with windows 7 home premium service pack 1, with an Intel Pentium(R) Dual-Core E5200 CPU that runs at 2.5 GHz, with 3 GB of RAM, 64 bit operating system, and I am pretty sure these settings are sufficient to play Diablo 3 (although at low settings) but my graphics card does not support the game at all (I've currently got an Intel(R) G33/31 Express Chipset Family). Which would be the most appropriately suitable card for my basic needs? I was thinking a cheap one like the GeForce GTx 260 from Nvidia. Thanks for your help, everyone. <333

More about : graphics

a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2012 5:34:19 PM

What is the current power supply?

Is your case/psu standard atx?

You mean a used 260? A 260 is not going to run on the stock psu. There are much more efficient and modern choices.
m
l
May 18, 2012 5:41:42 PM

I googled my model's psu and i found this:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=s5212y+p...

Would this be a sufficient upgrade? And, sorry in advance, I am not computer-savvy at all (D:)  so what is atx? The tower is pretty compact and small, and can fit comfortably in a 2' x 1' x 6'' space.

I would definitely have to get it used, 20 year old college student living in a house, albeit with a well-paying job, so money is tight ha.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2012 5:49:48 PM

You'll never be able to run a decent graphics card with that, and it's not standard atx so you can't upgrade it.

That's the price you pay for buying a proprietary HP computer, it's a throwaway.

Besides your cpu would bottleneck anything decent cause it's too slow. I could recommend a very low end card but I'm not because I don't want to be responsible it if catches your computer on fire.
m
l
!