Graphics question help please <3

kigerkid

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hey guys, I've got an HP Pavillion s5212y slimline with windows 7 home premium service pack 1, with an Intel Pentium(R) Dual-Core E5200 CPU that runs at 2.5 GHz, with 3 GB of RAM, 64 bit operating system, and I am pretty sure these settings are sufficient to play Diablo 3 (although at low settings) but my graphics card does not support the game at all (I've currently got an Intel(R) G33/31 Express Chipset Family). Which would be the most appropriately suitable card for my basic needs? I was thinking a cheap one like the GeForce GTx 260 from Nvidia. Thanks for your help, everyone. <333

kivblue

Honorable
May 1, 2012
I think you have to upgrade your power supply too if you are upgrading with a discrete graphics card, pre-made retail PCs only come with a power supply that is just good enough to run on original spec.
You might want to make sure that it even has a PCIE x16 slot.

jamesg2571

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
hello

chipsets are not really made for gaming unless put on a gaming mobo, to check if your computer can run things to a website called 'can i run it' google it.

select diablo 3 and then it will test your system to see if it can run it.

the GTX 260 1GB will run it well, but because its a slimline case im not sure it will fit into the case and also you need around a 650w + psu to run the card as it need a power input.

things to check

- can i run it

- will the GPU fit in my case (there will be measurements online)

- Can your power supply handle the card

hope this helps .

:D good luck