Cooling Problem

Subject E57

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Hi guys,
I have ordered a new PC and in examining the parts (I chose these) I have a problem with air flow. My Graphics card is the Gigabyte 680 Super overclock which has 5 fans which project air towards the side of the case. The case in question is a Cooler Master HAF X case with a 200mm fan on the side which pulls air into the case. I am wondering if these 2 components blowing air at each other will cause a problem and what would be the best solution? Disable my side fan, or is there a way to turn it into an exhaust? If I did this would it cause different problems?

Solution

Strange sucking hot air from the motherboard. In any case I do not think that the intake fan is fighting it being 200mm which is high on volume but not velocity and definitely cool air is needed for the GPU to cool of.

Subject E57

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012

Usually fans do blow air into the card but this is a strange cooler

http://www.eteknix.com/reviews/graphics/gigabyte-gtx-680-super-over-clock-2gb-graphics-card-review/2/

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

Why don't you reverse the side fan then so it dumps that hot air out the side?

Strange sucking hot air from the motherboard. In any case I do not think that the intake fan is fighting it being 200mm which is high on volume but not velocity and definitely cool air is needed for the GPU to cool of.

Solution