Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cooling Problem

Last response: in Components
November 22, 2012 2:24:45 AM

Hi guys,
I have ordered a new PC and in examining the parts (I chose these) I have a problem with air flow. My Graphics card is the Gigabyte 680 Super overclock which has 5 fans which project air towards the side of the case. The case in question is a Cooler Master HAF X case with a 200mm fan on the side which pulls air into the case. I am wondering if these 2 components blowing air at each other will cause a problem and what would be the best solution? Disable my side fan, or is there a way to turn it into an exhaust? If I did this would it cause different problems?

More about : cooling problem

a c 713 ) Power supply
November 22, 2012 12:57:18 PM

Your side fan makes sure that the fans on the GPU have plenty of cool air to work with to cool the card. The fans should be blowing into the card not sucking through the cooler. Leave as is.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 22, 2012 1:32:36 PM

The HAF X is a great case for cooling. You won't have any problems.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 22, 2012 10:08:12 PM

rolli59 said:
Your side fan makes sure that the fans on the GPU have plenty of cool air to work with to cool the card. The fans should be blowing into the card not sucking through the cooler. Leave as is.

Usually fans do blow air into the card but this is a strange cooler

http://www.eteknix.com/reviews/graphics/gigabyte-gtx-68...
m
l

Best solution

a c 713 ) Power supply
November 23, 2012 11:21:31 AM

Subject E57 said:
Usually fans do blow air into the card but this is a strange cooler

http://www.eteknix.com/reviews/graphics/gigabyte-gtx-68...

Strange sucking hot air from the motherboard. In any case I do not think that the intake fan is fighting it being 200mm which is high on volume but not velocity and definitely cool air is needed for the GPU to cool of.
December 1, 2012 12:17:26 AM

Best answer selected by Subject E57.
m
l
!