Hey guys im looking to water cool my computer whats the best way?

Anthonyz

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Hey guys im looking to water cool my computer whats the best way to cool down an Intel Core2Quad Q9550 and a nVidia XFXForce GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition GPU card, I'm looking for a good system that cover the GPU completely meaning the core, ram, etc. Also for a decent price nothing crazy over $150+

Anthonyz

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Could you point me in the right way of the W/c thread? Also what are my choices on liquid cooling my CPU only. My GPU is normally between 40-70C idle/load, but as for the beastly CPU it's normally sitting at 67C idle, and around 90C+ when in half load.

D

Deleted member 217926

You are going to spend so much on watercooling that you could have just updated to some hardware that's not obsolete. Spend $25 on a budget Hyper 212 cooler and save the rest for a more modern CPU/Board/RAM and GPU. It's crazy to spend $150-$200 cooling a CPU that's 3 generations old at this point.

Anthonyz

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Well why fix something that is not broken? I can run some on today's games okay, and i'm mainly looking into water cooling to actually make it last me a bit longer, and for FAH. I don't actually do much gaming either way, I mostly watch DVDs on there via Netflix.