daiyue

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
hi,all, today the amd catalyst center promoted me theres a new driver 12.4 (my version is 12.1); i followed the steps, installed the new driver successfully , reboot the pc, but the catalyst center still shows that i am running on 12.1, so whats going on?

cheers

Dogsnake

Distinguished
There is an AMD recognized bug with the 12.4 drivers. For some people the version shown does not update with the installation. AMD's response is that you are running the latest driver if the install log shows no errors regardless of what is show in CCC or other version reporting software. This issue will be corrected in the release of 12.5.

daiyue

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

hi, thx for the info. i think AMD is always having this issue, sometimes i even have to uninstall the original driver and install the new one to make it "update to date", funny.

cheers

Dogsnake

Distinguished
I have 12.4 installed with no issues. AMD takes a bad rap but I have used their products since ATI days and have very few issues. When there were questions I found their support to be responsive and very willing to help. When you consider the variety of hardware, the age spread of the systems, the massively different user skill sets and the lack of consistency of quality coding in the software and games these cards (Nvidia also) must run; it is a wonder they do as well as they do with so few real issues or problems.