Hi Dave,

You can easily add custom places on the places bar using TweakUI. Under TweakUI, navigate to 'common
dialogs > places bar' and specify the places that you want on the places bar.

TweakUI can be downloaded from:

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Alex Nichol-The most intelligent MVP I knew
www.dts-l.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dave" <ep630@hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message news:%23k2o54aLFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> How can I add a place to the "Other Places" Panel?
>
> David

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Anando,

I do not know if what you are referring to, that is the Places Bar is the
same as what I refer to as the Other Places Panel. The latter is on the
left hand side of the folder when opened in the show common task in folder
view (under File and Folder Tasks section and above the Details section).

If toast is the same as the Panel Bar, I have tried using Tweak UI common
dialogues but it did not add the folder that I wanted to in the Other Places
Panel. If it is the same do you have any suggestions. If it is not the
same then is there a way to add a place to the "Other Places" Panel
"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Dave,
>
> You can easily add custom places on the places bar using TweakUI. Under
> TweakUI, navigate to 'common dialogs > places bar' and specify the places
> that you want on the places bar.
>
> TweakUI can be downloaded from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
>

> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Alex Nichol-The most intelligent MVP I knew
> www.dts-l.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Dave" <ep630@hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
>> How can I add a place to the "Other Places" Panel?
>>
>> David

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Spelling error corrected.

If **** that is --- the same as the Panel Bar, I have tried using Tweak UI

"Dave" <djlt xxx at xxx rogers xxx dot xxx com> wrote in message
> Anando,
>
> I do not know if what you are referring to, that is the Places Bar is the
> same as what I refer to as the Other Places Panel. The latter is on the
> left hand side of the folder when opened in the show common task in folder
> view (under File and Folder Tasks section and above the Details section).
>
> If toast is the same as the Panel Bar, I have tried using Tweak UI common
> dialogues but it did not add the folder that I wanted to in the Other
> Places
> Panel. If it is the same do you have any suggestions. If it is not the
> same then is there a way to add a place to the "Other Places" Panel
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> You can easily add custom places on the places bar using TweakUI. Under
>> TweakUI, navigate to 'common dialogs > places bar' and specify the places
>> that you want on the places bar.
>>
>> TweakUI can be downloaded from:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
>>

>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Alex Nichol-The most intelligent MVP I knew
>> www.dts-l.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Dave" <ep630@hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
>>> How can I add a place to the "Other Places" Panel?
>>>
>>> David

>>The latter is on the left hand side of the folder when opened in the show common task in folder
>>view

What you are referring to is known as the common tasks pane. Unfortunately this pane cannot be
customized.