Frequent BSOD with Battlefield 3

daingurse

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Hi this morning I was attempting to play battlefield 3 but was met with a lot of issues I've never encounter before. I was trying to do campaign but the menu was horribly artifact ed and I shortly after got a blue screen. Now the game won't even fully load, it will hang then boot me to the desktop saying "The display driver has stopped responding but it has recovered" or it will simply crash with a blue screen so I have to do a hard boot. I turning off crossfire which resulted in a crash, rolled back my drivers from Catalyst 12.4 to 12.1 which didn't change anything. i restored my bios setting to default and strangely enough i couldn't even get into windows so something is definitely wrong. The other graphically intensive game I have Witcher 2 doesn't seem to be having any issues, it's very hard to tell if I have hardware or software issues as I am not versed with blue screen errors and minidumps. Here are my specs

Asus P6X58D-E
i7 980x @ 3.3ghz
12gb G.Skill Ram 9-9-9-24
Crossfire 6950's
Corsair HX850
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

bluescreenview-1.png

this is a link to my minidumps in a rar.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zuihudcmv8yqppb

I'd appreciate any help in figuring out what I should be testing to try and figure these issues out.

Solution

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

Do you have the original or the pirated downloaded version? if pirated then try downloading another copy from a different site. though black screens and artifacts usually are a sign of a bad PSU. though Corsair is good brand but not all PSU's are 100% guarantied that they are good quality, every PSU can die its not a chuck norris PSU so it can't die lol i'm not so sure about it, could be your motherboard or BIOS is out of date. but if its a software issue (excluding BIOS) the most logical thing to do will be to reinstall the OS and see if that worked

Solution

daingurse

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011

thanks for the response lazar but i figured it out, one of the cards in my set-up is just plain borked, time to RMA :wahoo:

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

lol i was suspicious about that but i forgot to mention that improperly seated cards or malfunctioning cards can cause this aswell. i've had this experience before.

daingurse

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011

yeah i've had this XFX replaced a few times already, I shouldn't even be surprised at this point. Bought an aftermarket cooler and everything cause the stock solution was terrible, oh well.