Druid stats...opinions needed

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2005 1:26:06 PM

On my lvl 39 elf druid, ALL my stuff is based on adding stats to spirit and
to intellect. This is nice in that those stats are like 170 ish, but str,
stamina and agi are all about 45-50. I solo a lot, and have specialized in
healing not feral. Should I dump like necklace, bracer or cape (+6/+6
stuff) in favor of some Str/Sta/Agi items to achieve better balance? Or
remain an egghead?
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 7:32:00 PM

"Lumpy" <mechanicfalls@adelphias.net> wrote:
> On my lvl 39 elf druid, ALL my stuff is based on adding stats to spirit and
> to intellect. This is nice in that those stats are like 170 ish, but str,
> stamina and agi are all about 45-50. I solo a lot, and have specialized in
> healing not feral. Should I dump like necklace, bracer or cape (+6/+6
> stuff) in favor of some Str/Sta/Agi items to achieve better balance? Or
> remain an egghead?

No, you should get yourself at least 2 sets of gear. One for healing only,
one for soloing/PvP/tanking.
My standard gear is a int/spi/str/sta/armor bastard, my healing gear is full
spi/int. Works quite ok. When I'm getting closer to endgame (>55), I'll try
to collect a tank only set (sta/str/armor only), but atm a versatile set
plus a healing set is enough for me.

Check out the wardrobe addin from curse-gaming, it's great for switching
between 2 outfit sets.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (47) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

"Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
> "Lumpy" <mechanicfalls@adelphias.net> wrote:
>> On my lvl 39 elf druid, ALL my stuff is based on adding stats to spirit
>> and to intellect. This is nice in that those stats are like 170 ish, but
>> str, stamina and agi are all about 45-50. I solo a lot, and have
>> specialized in healing not feral. Should I dump like necklace, bracer or
>> cape (+6/+6 stuff) in favor of some Str/Sta/Agi items to achieve better
>> balance? Or remain an egghead?
>
> No, you should get yourself at least 2 sets of gear. One for healing only,
> one for soloing/PvP/tanking.
> My standard gear is a int/spi/str/sta/armor bastard, my healing gear is
> full
> spi/int. Works quite ok. When I'm getting closer to endgame (>55), I'll
> try
> to collect a tank only set (sta/str/armor only), but atm a versatile set
> plus a healing set is enough for me.
>
> Check out the wardrobe addin from curse-gaming, it's great for switching
> between 2 outfit sets.
>
> Chris
>
> --
> [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (47) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
> Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
> Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
> Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

Horses for courses.

"Adventure" garb for soloing : Str + Sra with a wee bit of int and spi
thrown in
"Healing gear" : Int + Spi & +healing items, including weapon. Add's just a
shade over 1000 mana
"Mage gear" : Int + Spi mainly, weapon is Sta. Used for the odd times I'm
doing spell dmg, but is basically a mix of the first 2
"Druid Gear" : This is my RP garb, it's either Wild leather pant & vest, or
the novice's robe from lvl 1. Depends on my mood
"Fishing" : No boots, pant's and a fishing rod. I always try to stand 'in'
the water. Looks cool and 'in character'.

The down side is I've 6 bag slots used for the spare gear, but then I'm not
too fussed about being 100% efficient, and can spare the time to scamper (no
mount for me, druids have a travel form, and I couldn't see the point in a
mount too) to the nearest vendor to off load trash.

I guess the choice of gear depends on what your doing, I fight in bear / cat
mostly, so Strength and stam are important to me. Big armour numbers with
that lovely 360% bonus for Dire bear (I'm 48th lvl so far)

For me, the wardrobe mod is great, I'm always swapping when I hit IF or a
boat or when ever I feel the need. It changes everything, weapons, trinkets,
rings etc. Multiple sets of gear can really make you a Druid for all seasons
:-)

Alex
!