Solved

Monitors/power supplies

will a AMD radeon 7570 run dual monitors off of a 300W power supply?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitors power supplies
  1. Best answer
    The number of monitors doesn't effect power consumption. It will likely depend on the power supply quality, but probably. I assume you mean the 7750, wasn't aware of a 7570 existing yet; either case, the answer is yeah probably, slot powered cards are limited to 75W.
    If you already have the PSU, it will probably work. If you are buying the PSU, I would go a little bigger unless you are sure you are buying a good quality PSU; the overwhelming majority of aftermarket 300W PSUs are absolute garbage that shouldn't go in a computer.

If you are in the states, Corsair CX430 is available for 40$ right now on newegg.
  2. djscribbles said:
    The number of monitors doesn't effect power consumption. It will likely depend on the power supply quality, but probably. I assume you mean the 7750, wasn't aware of a 7570 existing yet; either case, the answer is yeah probably, slot powered cards are limited to 75W.
    If you already have the PSU, it will probably work. If you are buying the PSU, I would go a little bigger unless you are sure you are buying a good quality PSU; the overwhelming majority of aftermarket 300W PSUs are absolute garbage that shouldn't go in a computer.

If you are in the states, Corsair CX430 is available for 40$ right now on newegg.

Thanks for the info, the 7570 is an OEM from HP, the reason for my question is I bought two computers with this vidieo card, one has a 400W supply while the other has a 300W. the larger one hooked up and ran with dual monitors without issue, the other would not detect the 2nd monitor at all. I have resolved through proper cableing but i was fishing for reasons, thanks again though, good info.
  3. Best answer selected by aferg67.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Power Supplies Radeon Dual Monitors AMD Monitors Systems