Stupid Druid Question (involving maces)

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2005 1:36:13 PM

I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
(NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:55:45 PM

"Dwarfyland" is Dun Morogh. Anyway, go south from Menethil Bay to Dun
Morogh and follow the tunnels. Plan on being stealthed a lot of the
way, esp. in the Wetlands.

Regards,
Noal
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 6:08:32 PM

I'm not sure what lvl you have to be, but you can train on 1H and 2H maces
in Ironforge. Go into the warrior atrium (take a Left if you're facing the
auction house), and there is a weapons shop there. A guy on the first floor
can train you in maces. I went there with my druid at lvl 17 or 18 and was
able to get both of them at the same time, FYI.

If you haven't been to IF yet, the easiest way is to take the boat from
Auberdine to Menethil harbor, and then take the road to the East and then
North (yes, you have to walk). Just remember to go talk to all the gryphon
masters so you learn all the flight paths.

mike

"Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in message
> I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
> (NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?
> *----------------------------------------------------*
> Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
> "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
> once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
> http://www.mrlizard.com
Related resources
June 3, 2005 6:18:38 PM

"Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what lvl you have to be, but you can train on 1H and 2H maces
> in Ironforge. Go into the warrior atrium (take a Left if you're facing
> the
> auction house), and there is a weapons shop there. A guy on the first
> floor
> can train you in maces. I went there with my druid at lvl 17 or 18 and
> was
> able to get both of them at the same time, FYI.
>
> If you haven't been to IF yet, the easiest way is to take the boat from
> Auberdine to Menethil harbor, and then take the road to the East and then
> North (yes, you have to walk). Just remember to go talk to all the
> gryphon
> masters so you learn all the flight paths.
>
> mike

Surely thats East from Menethil then *South* to Loch Modan, and then West
from there to Dwarfyland (for some reason can't think of the name) and
Ironforge
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 6:21:31 PM

yes, true. All these things get blurry in one's head after 800 hours or so
of playing this game...

"Rich" <1@2.bla> wrote in message

> "Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure what lvl you have to be, but you can train on 1H and 2H
maces
> > in Ironforge. Go into the warrior atrium (take a Left if you're facing
> > the
> > auction house), and there is a weapons shop there. A guy on the first
> > floor
> > can train you in maces. I went there with my druid at lvl 17 or 18 and
> > was
> > able to get both of them at the same time, FYI.
> >
> > If you haven't been to IF yet, the easiest way is to take the boat from
> > Auberdine to Menethil harbor, and then take the road to the East and
then
> > North (yes, you have to walk). Just remember to go talk to all the
> > gryphon
> > masters so you learn all the flight paths.
> >
> > mike
>
> Surely thats East from Menethil then *South* to Loch Modan, and then West
> from there to Dwarfyland (for some reason can't think of the name) and
> Ironforge

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 8:11:25 PM

"Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:

> I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
> (NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?

10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
50 Train (Maces)
60 Else
70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
80 MoveTo NextCity
90 Goto 20
95 End If

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (47) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:11:25 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

>"Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
>> (NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?
>
>10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
>20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
>30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
>40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
>50 Train (Maces)
>60 Else
>70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
>80 MoveTo NextCity
>90 Goto 20
>95 End If

That's not very efficient, since the weaponsmasters who don't teach a skill
will tell you who does.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 4:18:58 AM

Matt Frisch wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:11:25 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
>
>>10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
>>20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
>>30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
>>40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
>>50 Train (Maces)
>>60 Else
>>70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
>>80 MoveTo NextCity
>>90 Goto 20
>>95 End If
>
> That's not very efficient, since the weaponsmasters who don't teach a skill
> will tell you who does.

Yes it is. Read line 70. If the 1st weapon master doesn't teach maces, ask
him who does, and go that city next.

Chris... I have enough REAL errors in the code I write the office, so don't
blame me for errors that aren't any :o )

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (47) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:03:14 PM

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 00:18:58 +0200, Christian Stauffer
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:11:25 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
>> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
>>
>>>10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
>>>20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
>>>30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
>>>40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
>>>50 Train (Maces)
>>>60 Else
>>>70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
>>>80 MoveTo NextCity
>>>90 Goto 20
>>>95 End If
>>
>> That's not very efficient, since the weaponsmasters who don't teach a skill
>> will tell you who does.
>
>Yes it is. Read line 70. If the 1st weapon master doesn't teach maces, ask
>him who does, and go that city next.

Ah, I saw the "Movetonextcity" bit, and assumed some bit of random city
guessing. Nevermind :)
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:40:49 PM

In article <42a0650d$0$1147$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
"Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> "Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
> > (NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?
>
> 10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
> 20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
> 30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
> 40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
> 50 Train (Maces)
> 60 Else
> 70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
> 80 MoveTo NextCity
> 90 Goto 20
> 95 End If
>
> Chris

Line numbers "goto"?!?! Day-em! I thought that died in the late 70s...

while (!trainedInMaces)
{
MoveTo (nextMajorCity);
localWeaponsMaster = ask (nextGuard, whereIsTheWeaponsMaster);
MoveTo (localWeaponsMaster);
if (ask (localWeaponsMaster, doYouTrainMaces))
{
train (maces);
}
else
{
nextMajorCity = ask (localWeaponsMaster, whereIsTheMacesTrainer);
}
}

// NOTE: infinitely loops if there is no mace trainer
// ...or if the weapons trainers give bogus answers.

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):