Stupid Druid Question (involving maces)

I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
(NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com
9 answers Last reply
More about stupid druid question involving maces

    "Dwarfyland" is Dun Morogh. Anyway, go south from Menethil Bay to Dun
    Morogh and follow the tunnels. Plan on being stealthed a lot of the
    way, esp. in the Wetlands.

    Regards,
    Noal

    I'm not sure what lvl you have to be, but you can train on 1H and 2H maces
    in Ironforge. Go into the warrior atrium (take a Left if you're facing the
    auction house), and there is a weapons shop there. A guy on the first floor
    can train you in maces. I went there with my druid at lvl 17 or 18 and was
    able to get both of them at the same time, FYI.

    If you haven't been to IF yet, the easiest way is to take the boat from
    Auberdine to Menethil harbor, and then take the road to the East and then
    North (yes, you have to walk). Just remember to go talk to all the gryphon
    masters so you learn all the flight paths.

    mike

    "Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure what lvl you have to be, but you can train on 1H and 2H maces
    > in Ironforge. Go into the warrior atrium (take a Left if you're facing
    > the
    > auction house), and there is a weapons shop there. A guy on the first
    > floor
    > can train you in maces. I went there with my druid at lvl 17 or 18 and
    > was
    > able to get both of them at the same time, FYI.
    >
    > If you haven't been to IF yet, the easiest way is to take the boat from
    > Auberdine to Menethil harbor, and then take the road to the East and then
    > North (yes, you have to walk). Just remember to go talk to all the
    > gryphon
    > masters so you learn all the flight paths.
    >
    > mike

    Surely thats East from Menethil then *South* to Loch Modan, and then West
    from there to Dwarfyland (for some reason can't think of the name) and
    Ironforge

    yes, true. All these things get blurry in one's head after 800 hours or so
    of playing this game...

    "Rich" <1@2.bla> wrote in message

    > "Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm not sure what lvl you have to be, but you can train on 1H and 2H
    maces
    > > in Ironforge. Go into the warrior atrium (take a Left if you're facing
    > > the
    > > auction house), and there is a weapons shop there. A guy on the first
    > > floor
    > > can train you in maces. I went there with my druid at lvl 17 or 18 and
    > > was
    > > able to get both of them at the same time, FYI.
    > >
    > > If you haven't been to IF yet, the easiest way is to take the boat from
    > > Auberdine to Menethil harbor, and then take the road to the East and
    then
    > > North (yes, you have to walk). Just remember to go talk to all the
    > > gryphon
    > > masters so you learn all the flight paths.
    > >
    > > mike
    >
    > Surely thats East from Menethil then *South* to Loch Modan, and then West
    > from there to Dwarfyland (for some reason can't think of the name) and
    > Ironforge

    "Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:

    > I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
    > (NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?

    10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
    20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
    30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
    40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
    50 Train (Maces)
    60 Else
    70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
    80 MoveTo NextCity
    90 Goto 20
    95 End If

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (47) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:11:25 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >"Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
    >> (NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?
    >
    >10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
    >20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
    >30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
    >40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
    >50 Train (Maces)
    >60 Else
    >70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
    >80 MoveTo NextCity
    >90 Goto 20
    >95 End If

    That's not very efficient, since the weaponsmasters who don't teach a skill
    will tell you who does.

    Matt Frisch wrote:

    > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:11:25 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    > <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
    >
    >>10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
    >>20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
    >>30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
    >>40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
    >>50 Train (Maces)
    >>60 Else
    >>70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
    >>80 MoveTo NextCity
    >>90 Goto 20
    >>95 End If
    >
    > That's not very efficient, since the weaponsmasters who don't teach a skill
    > will tell you who does.

    Yes it is. Read line 70. If the 1st weapon master doesn't teach maces, ask
    him who does, and go that city next.

    Chris... I have enough REAL errors in the code I write the office, so don't
    blame me for errors that aren't any :o)

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (47) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 00:18:58 +0200, Christian Stauffer
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >Matt Frisch wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:11:25 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    >> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
    >>
    >>>10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
    >>>20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
    >>>30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
    >>>40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
    >>>50 Train (Maces)
    >>>60 Else
    >>>70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
    >>>80 MoveTo NextCity
    >>>90 Goto 20
    >>>95 End If
    >>
    >> That's not very efficient, since the weaponsmasters who don't teach a skill
    >> will tell you who does.
    >
    >Yes it is. Read line 70. If the 1st weapon master doesn't teach maces, ask
    >him who does, and go that city next.

    Ah, I saw the "Movetonextcity" bit, and assumed some bit of random city
    guessing. Nevermind :)

    In article <42a0650d$0$1147$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
    "Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

    > "Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I've been told Druids can use maces "with training". Uhm...where do I
    > > (NE Druid, 13th level) go to find such training?
    >
    > 10 MoveTo (NextMajorCity)
    > 20 LocalWeaponMaster = Ask (NextGuard, WhereIsTheWeaponMaster)
    > 30 MoveTo (LocalWeaponMaster)
    > 40 If Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, DoYouTrainMaces) = Yes Then
    > 50 Train (Maces)
    > 60 Else
    > 70 NextCity = Ask (LocalWeaponMaster, WhereIsTheMacesTrainer)
    > 80 MoveTo NextCity
    > 90 Goto 20
    > 95 End If
    >
    > Chris

    Line numbers "goto"?!?! Day-em! I thought that died in the late 70s...

    while (!trainedInMaces)
    {
    MoveTo (nextMajorCity);
    localWeaponsMaster = ask (nextGuard, whereIsTheWeaponsMaster);
    MoveTo (localWeaponsMaster);
    if (ask (localWeaponsMaster, doYouTrainMaces))
    {
    train (maces);
    }
    else
    {
    nextMajorCity = ask (localWeaponsMaster, whereIsTheMacesTrainer);
    }
    }

    // NOTE: infinitely loops if there is no mace trainer
    // ...or if the weapons trainers give bogus answers.

    --
    Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
    Also (rarely):

Warcraft Training Games Video Games