Sign in with
Your question

Questions about a PC im making

Last response: in Systems
July 11, 2012 10:27:41 PM

Hi guys, I've recently got myself stuck into the world of mechanisms. I've found myself wanting to build a new PC from scratch, by myself. I have all of the components selected and what I will need to use, however, I have a few questions.

1.Will this PC be able to run games such as Witcher 2 and BF3 at full graphics, if not how can I change the components to do so?

2.Will I be able to overclock this?

3.If I do overclock it, should I buy the corsair watercooling or just a strong fan extra? Do I even need them?

4.Will it be able to power multiple screens or will I need 2 or more graphics cards? Only one screen would be used for games, the other for email or youtube.

Thank you.

More about : questions making

Related resources
July 11, 2012 10:44:39 PM

TheBigTroll said:
im gonna change it a bit for more performance

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/bQnH

What exactly did you change? Why's it better? Also could you answer the questions. THANKSS :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 
July 11, 2012 11:11:30 PM

1: i changed the motherboard to a asus model. i prefer asus since they always make their boards with good components. from what i heard, asrock (a subsidary of asus) was cheaping out on their capacitators making them very low quality. im pretty sure they fixed that but its better to be safe than sorry. plus, this one is a dollar cheaper :D 

2: i changed the ram to the ripjaws x. theres no real difference, but the ripjaws are just cheaper for the same ram. the only difference is the heatspreader

3: the seagate drive is a bit cheaper and a bit faster. you do sacrifice some warranty though. i also changed the SSD from a crucial m4 128gb to a samsung 830 128gb. the samsung is faster and is just as reliable as the crucial m4 128gb and its cheaper too. its a win win situation

4:i got 670 that is stock overclocked and has a much better cooler than the one you currently have. if you dont think its worth the extra 50 dollars, just change it back.

5:i got a more efficent and semi-modular power supply. it helps out with cabling

6;i changed the optical drive just because the sony one is cheaper and does the same job
July 11, 2012 11:29:50 PM

TheBigTroll said:
1: i changed the motherboard to a asus model. i prefer asus since they always make their boards with good components. from what i heard, asrock (a subsidary of asus) was cheaping out on their capacitators making them very low quality. im pretty sure they fixed that but its better to be safe than sorry. plus, this one is a dollar cheaper :D 

2: i changed the ram to the ripjaws x. theres no real difference, but the ripjaws are just cheaper for the same ram. the only difference is the heatspreader

3: the seagate drive is a bit cheaper and a bit faster. you do sacrifice some warranty though. i also changed the SSD from a crucial m4 128gb to a samsung 830 128gb. the samsung is faster and is just as reliable as the crucial m4 128gb and its cheaper too. its a win win situation

4:i got 670 that is stock overclocked and has a much better cooler than the one you currently have. if you dont think its worth the extra 50 dollars, just change it back.

5:i got a more efficent and semi-modular power supply. it helps out with cabling

6;i changed the optical drive just because the sony one is cheaper and does the same job

All sounds great! Thanks a lot, can't wait to do my build. Last question, whats the point of the ssd?
July 11, 2012 11:36:52 PM

SSDs make the system feel like a boss. you get 8-15sec boot times and much faster loading times for applications.

with 128gb, you can put your OS, important apps that need speed loading times, and 6-8 large games
!