Is Directx 10 and 11 broken?

lambofgod008

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hey, I've noticed that in a few games, (crysis, avatar just to name a few) when I'm running in dx10 mode, I get really unstable and jerky gameplay. Seems to be smooth while in dx9 mode, however. Considering both my gpu's are dx11 capable, it makes me wonder if these games weren't really optimized for dx10/11. Not sure, but it upsets me that I have to run in an inferior mode with my setup to get acceptable performance.

lambofgod008

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I have MSI 6970x2 crossfire. With crysis, it wasn't so much performance, though there was a slight increase, but rather the very end of the game, on the carrier, it would ctd everytime unless I switched to dx9 mode, then no problems at all. I thought maybe it was just because it was so early in the whole dx10 era, maybe it wasn't properly optimized, but I've noticed it in newer games as well.

Helltech

Distinguished
Ahh yes I remember having problems with the last level also when I played. Right on the carrier, that part was really glitchy for me. Not the first time I played through, but the second. I think that level was just buggy.

You have to type them up.