Review My Build/Give Suggestions

Xilent

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I built a pc two years ago and its been a terrible experience. Mostly because of the freezing and lock-ups in games. So this time i would like some advice in the compatibility of the part so i won't run into any problems.

CPU:i5-3570K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155
GPU:SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Memory (RAM): G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda
Drive: Asus 24x
PSU: Corsair TX750 V2 750W
Case: Thermaltake V9 Black Edition

Any Suggestions would help.

The Z68 may not be compatible with the 3570k out of the box. The Z68 was made first and thus it would need a BIOS made after the 3570k to get it to work. If the one you get has a BIOS older than that, it won't work.

If you want to be on the safe side, stick with a Z77 instead of Z68. Those are guaranteed to be compatible out of the box.

Otherwise, everything looks OK. I would skip the Thermaltake case in favor of a Cooler Master HAF series case, though.

Also, the Hyper 212 will be a whole lot easier to setup than the H60 and it will perform better too.

The Asus P8Z77 will work out of the box with the Ivy Bridge chip guaranteed (as long as neither is DOA).

Whether you need a board that large and expensive is another matter entirely.

I don't really know if you will find a use for all those RAM and PCIE slots, but I doubt it. Most people pay entirely too much money buying slots they won't ever use.

2 RAM slots and 1 PCIE slot does the job for most people just fine.