Bass_Teee

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hallo,

A few month ago I 'inherited' a computer from my father. He's doing video editing and thought it would be a good idea to build the system using two Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT GPUs. At the moment I'm running a dual monitor setup on GPU 1 (both displays running at 1920x1080). I've already wondered a few times before if it would make any sense at all to hook up the second display to the second GPU?

Thanks.

Bass_Teee

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I should add that I don't do any gaming. I don't even use Maya anymore but I do work a lot with Photoshop (which doesn't usually need huge GPU power). Question: Is the second GPU simply eating up a lot of power (and should hence be removed from the system) or is there a point in using a dual GPU system for a dual display setup? Can the extra power that the second card needs somehow be justified?

Bass_Teee

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I love my dual monitor setup (and I think the displays are sufficiently large at 1920x1080), especially with Photoshop. Ah, and the cards both work in SLI already.

Hi

You can connect both monitors to the first 98800GT for dual monitor goodness. You could keep the second 9800GT for extra CUDA support if its really needed.