Intel i5 3570k, good after market cooler?

So I am going to be getting a i5 3570k ivy bridge and overclock to around 4.0Ghz.

What are some good heatsinks out there, if I plan to water cool than it will be a pre built one so like corsair H80 for example.

Budget less than $100
12 answers Last reply
More about intel 3570k good market cooler
  1. honestly i would stick with air cooling because ready builts aren't as capable... especially if it's the h80 which is good but i'd prefer the coolermaster v6 gt dual fan cooler which runs at about 75$ as long as you have good air flow in your case you could save some money and you won't have to worry about those tricky installations... plus if something goes wrong this will be provide much easier access to you system
  2. CDWz said:
    honestly i would stick with air cooling because ready builts aren't as capable... especially if it's the h80 which is good but i'd prefer the coolermaster v6 gt dual fan cooler which runs at about 75$ as long as you have good air flow in your case you could save some money and you won't have to worry about those tricky installations... plus if something goes wrong this will be provide much easier access to you system


    I cannot find that anywhere here in the UK, only on ebay which I'm not buying from. Any other ones
  3. CDWz said:
    honestly i would stick with air cooling because ready builts aren't as capable... especially if it's the h80 which is good but i'd prefer the coolermaster v6 gt dual fan cooler which runs at about 75$ as long as you have good air flow in your case you could save some money and you won't have to worry about those tricky installations... plus if something goes wrong this will be provide much easier access to you system


    What about this?

    http://www.ebuyer.com/288855-coolermaster-hyper-212-evo-rr-212e-16pk-r1
  4. shaunw50 said:

    I know that the hyper 212 evo is a reliable cooler but if you want that mass cooling you may want to buy another fan for it from them and put a push-pull configuration on the heatsink like the v6 gt, as for buying that in the uk is newegg an option?
  5. CDWz said:
    I know that the hyper 212 evo is a reliable cooler but if you want that mass cooling you may want to buy another fan for it from them and put a push-pull configuration on the heatsink like the v6 gt, as for buying that in the uk is newegg an option?


    We don't have a newegg it just USA. Is there any that is close to the V6.. only problem I have with the 212 evo is I hear mix reviews like people saying it is not cooling or it's a good cooler.
  6. Budget not an issue

    Water Cooler:

    Corsiar h100i

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181032

    $100 after mir

    Phantech air cooler

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709002

    $95

    Price/Performance Cooler

    Hyper 212 plus

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

    $15 after Mir
  7. samuelohagan said:
    Budget not an issue

    Water Cooler:

    Corsiar h100i

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181032

    $100 after mir

    Phantech air cooler

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709002

    $95

    Price/Performance Cooler

    Hyper 212 plus

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

    $15 after Mir


    Which would you get for overclocking to 4.0ghz
  8. 4.0 Ghz on the 3570K is considered a very mild overclock. A Hyper 212 +, EVO or Xigmatek Gaia is more than sufficient and available for $30 or less. I've read people getting 4.0 to 4.2 Ghz with the stock heatsink/fan which is a pretty sad cooler.

    If you want to spend more money, the Noctua NH-D14 offers stronger cooling for around $80.

    The Noctua offers better cooling than than those all-in-one water solutions and you don't run the risk of the pump failing, causing the CPU to overheat or even worse liquid spewing on your expensive components.
  9. Yes, I agree. The Noctua NH-D14 is one of the best, if not the best, coolers out there. It's massive, but quite and cools just as well as the H100 for cheaper.
  10. Avenged7x said:
    4.0 Ghz on the 3570K is considered a very mild overclock. A Hyper 212 +, EVO or Xigmatek Gaia is more than sufficient and available for $30 or less. I've read people getting 4.0 to 4.2 Ghz with the stock heatsink/fan which is a pretty sad cooler.

    If you want to spend more money, the Noctua NH-D14 offers stronger cooling for around $80.

    The Noctua offers better cooling than than those all-in-one water solutions and you don't run the risk of the pump failing, causing the CPU to overheat or even worse liquid spewing on your expensive components.



    The problem I have with the Noctua is the colour of the fans, they are a light brown colour which I don't like.
  11. obsama1 said:
    Yes, I agree. The Noctua NH-D14 is one of the best, if not the best, coolers out there. It's massive, but quite and cools just as well as the H100 for cheaper.



    So I am looking to get this

    http://www.ebuyer.com/195165-noctua-nh-d14-dual-radiator-and-fan-socket-lga1366-lga1156-lga775-am3-am2-nh-d14

    Will it fit inside this case

    http://www.ebuyer.com/321337-coolermaster-690-ii-adavance-version-new-model-usb-3-0-white-rc-692a-kkn5-bw
  12. The case allows a max heatsink height of 177mm. The Noctua NH-D14 is 160mm, so it will fit.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Cooling Intel i5